Welcome to Design Outpost. Design specialists in custom logos, web design templates and print design such as business cards, letterhead design and more.
Our method is a lot different than your typical Design Firm. Below you will find all of the steps from beginning to end to help you start and complete a successful project.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We will reply within 12 hours or less.
1) Go to the following page, read the copyright agreement, click over to page 2 by clicking the number 2 or the word "next"... Click Here to go to the Start Project page
2) On page 2 you will see various dollar amounts that are the minimum amount to deposit through PayPal. Paypal accepts credit cards as well, or we can arrange payment through 2Checkout.com if you prefer-- just get in touch for more information. Oh and by the way, please feel free to deposit more. Below those dollar amounts you will see different categories items we can design. Click your mouse button in the box, enter the amount (without the dollar sign) you want to offer the designer you choose to work with and click the "next" button.
3) If you already have a PayPal account, log in with your email address and password. If you do not, sign up for a new account. Eventually you will see a page on PayPal which describes what you are buying, how much it costs and the 10% non-refundable "shipping" charge. 10% is added to help with the costs of administration and running the web site. The rest goes to the designer. If the amount and item bought is correct, click the "Pay" button at the bottom of the page. There will be a short delay while your sale is processed and then PayPal will automatically send you to our thank you page... Click here for the thank you page
4) The next step is to register with our forums. Go to the following page, fill out all the information and click submit... Click here to register Fill out your name, the name you want to use on our forum, your email address, your password and then your password again. When you have filled out that information click the "Send Registration" button. You will then get a message that says Registration Complete, you may now log in. Directly to the right is a log in box. Enter your username and password and then click the "Login" button (you may also choose to have the web site remember your log in information by clicking the Remember Me checkbox).
5) You should now be on the home page of the site and you will see where the log in box used to be is now a message that says "Hi username" and a logout link. The next step is to go to the appropriate category on our forums by clicking one of the following links...
6) Now that you are in the appropriate category of the design you are interested in having a project for, click the button on the left that says "New Topic". To the right of the word Title: you will see a thin gray box. Click you mouse in that box and type the name of your project, the deadline, and how much you are offering.
7) Now click your mouse in the large gray box under the word Message:, describe (by typing your message) what you need what it will be used for, and any of the information you think the designers will need before starting their entry for your project.
We have provided questions for you to answer if you require the following:
Any information provided will help them design exactly what you want. When you are done typing, look a little farther down the page and click the button that says "Submit New Thread".
8) You will then be redirected to your posted message on our forum. It would be a good idea to bookmark that page or add it to your favorites by using your browsers (Internet Explorer, AOL, etc.) menu.
9) When there is a reply posted for your project, either a question posted by a designer or an entry, you will receive a notification to the email address that you used when you registered with our site. Do NOT reply to this notification, click the link in the notification (or in your Favorites list), go to your project on the forum and click the "Reply To Topic" button.
10) Click the mouse in the big gray box, fill out the answer to the question or comment on the entry and then click the "Submit Reply" button.
11) Prior to making your final decision, it is a good idea to go back through, starting with the very first entry and read each submission. This gives you an opportunity to make sure that you have seen every entry and haven't missed something. Sometimes image links are added without the full image in view. These links can be easy to miss.
12) When you have decided which designer will complete your project, go to your project on the forum, click the "Reply To Topic" button and in the big gray box click your mouse, thank everyone for entering and then type the name of the designer you have chosen to work with. Then click the Submit Reply button.
13) Your project thread will be moved to the Revisions Forum now... Click here for the Revisions Forum Click the "Reply To Topic" button, type what minor changes you need (if any) and then click Submit Reply. When you are completely satisfied with the design, ask the designer to send the files.
14) The designer will prepare a file package for you to download to your computer. Most likely this file will end in the letters .zip They will send you a link to click to obtain your files. When you click on that link you will have a message that pops up asking you what you want to do. Choose to Save it to your computer. Save it to wherever you want to store it on your computer by navigating to the folder where you want to save it and click Save when you get to the right folder.
15) To open that .zip file to see your files, locate the file that you just saved by going to the folder where you saved it and double clicking that .zip file you just saved. You will be prompted to extract or unzip those files, go ahead and do that. After opening the .zip file you will see all of the different files that you will need. If for some reason you are not able to open certain files don't worry, you may not have the proper software. If it is a logo design, your printer will have the correct software to open the file so they will be able to work with it. Most likely the designer will also provide a version of your logo ending in .gif or .jpg which you should be able to open.
That's it! If we failed to mention something please feel free to contact us with questions. We are always available to help... Click here to go to the Contact Us page