View Full Version : [ProjectComplete]$200/Nov 30/Logo for Journey Ministries of Central Florida
10-13-2007, 01:41 PM
(Admin code added by Palmer - 31N12672V9284035W)
We are a non-profit ministry that provides Christian counseling services on a donation basis and need a logo.
1. The text to be included in the logo is "Journey Ministries of Central Florida." "Journey Ministries" are the primary words; "of Central Florida" can be less prominent if desired.
2. We offer Bible teaching, prayer, encouragement, and emotional healing.
3. We have been in business since July 2001.
4. We'd like to send a message that there is hope for emotional and spiritual freedom and wholeness through Jesus.
5. Our longterm goals are to increase the donor base to permit expanding the staff and available services; also, to increase the awareness of the availability of this ministry.
6. We have set a deadline of Nov 30, 2007.
7. We have two audiences: Christians who believe in the ministry and are willing to consider supporting it financially; and hurting people who are looking for a Christian based approach to healing.
8. We desire a logo that is simple, uncomplicated, timeless and enduring, not edgy or overly traditional.
9. We want soothing, peaceful colors, perhaps blues and greens; not red.
10. No specific icons or images.
11. Attributes to convey are safe, transforming, hopeful, warm, healthy.
12. Our slogan is "A safe place to heal"
13. Logo will be used on webpage, letterhead, brochures (and business cards if this does not limit design).
14. "A safe place to heal" best describes our ministry.
10-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Here's from me... :)
10-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Thank you for your quick input. Sorry for the delay in responding.
There was not a "That's it" reaction from my staff. Inputs included that it was not distinct but seemed to blend into the page (and it may be challenging to change that given the colors palate we suggested); the blue was too much towards turquoise; and although we liked the way you incorporated the cross into the "F" in the color version, it gets lost in the B&W version and is almost distracting.
I am going to include a link to a photo that we will be using in the website that is being built for us. Not sure if it will help in any way but wanted to keep feeding you info.
10-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Here's a first look from me!
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
10-23-2007, 11:02 PM
church roof represents shelter and
"a safe place to heal"... :)
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
one more... :)
10-24-2007, 08:51 AM
v3, similar to v1. Path to healing
10-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Freetime, thank you for coming onboard. Version 1 is a definite hit! We liked most everything about it. Appreciate the addition of the path lines in version 3; we need to compare the two for awhile to determine which we like best. The only negative comment I got from the staff (and it was not a strong comment) was one lady who wondered if folks might see a "frowny face" in it. But if you stare long enough at anything you can start finding stuff. One of our people liked some of the concepts in version 2 but 1/3 are still the favorites. Our tag line is "A safe place to heal". Is there a way to incorporate that into version 1/3 or will it make it too busy?
Dewa Jaya, thank you for your additional inputs. Regretably they were not popular with any of the staff. We felt they was boxy and heavy.
10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Thank you for the feedback! Here is a revision to v1
10-25-2007, 06:36 AM
revision to v3
10-25-2007, 06:37 AM
10-25-2007, 06:37 AM
10-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Good afternoon, Freetime. Liking what we see in the shift in version 4 to a more horizontal display. Could we ask you to fill in the path so it is solid instead of two lines, please? We would like to see what that looks like. Thank you for all your hard work.
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks Pastor Jim! Here are those revisions.
11-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Good morning Freetime. Want to ask one more thing. Can the "glow" in the top image of version 4 also be incorporated in the B/W image? We really like that effect.
11-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Here's is that revision. We show the black and white version so you can see what the logo can look like for faxing purposes. I'm not sure how well the gradient will look when faxing. Thanks!
11-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Good morning Freetime. Thank you for showing us the gradient on the B/W image. Perhaps you could go ahead and incorporate the gradient in Version 4 (the version without any paths) which seems to be the favorite among my staff. Although the deadline is not until the end of the month, we have a Board of Directors meeting next Thursday, Nov 8, and I am excited about showing them what we have so far.
11-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Here's that revision
11-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Just a reminder to anyone who is watching this post that the deadline is November 30, just a few days away. You can see what has been offered so far but we are still open to any new ideas or concepts. Thank you and have a great and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
11-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow, November 30 is here. Thanks to all who submitted entries. We have decided to work with Freetime. Hope y'all have a meaningful and wonderful Christmas.
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Thank you Pastor Jim! Let me know what if you have any changes or corrections and I can finalize the logo for you. Also, if you don't mind, please send me a private message with your email and then I can send the file package to you.
11-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Great! We actually would like two of the presentations you did, if that is possible. We definitely want Version 4.1 just like it is. And we would like to also have Version 1.1 (but could you please add a second B/W with the gradient like you did in Version 4.1?).
I just sent a private email like you requested.
We totally agree....may this be a season when Christ is in Christmas.
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Files sent via email. Thank you so much!
12-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Files received! Project complete. Thank you.
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.