View Full Version : [Project Complete] BabyFryd.dk - 350$ - Newsletter design (e-mail)
08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
(Admin code added by Palmer - 1S687444WB826771U)
We would like a new design of our newsletter. The newsletter is sent as e-mail to all customers in our database.
The design of the newsletter needs to match our current site which can be seen on www.babyfryd.dk (http://babyfryd.dk/)
The design at least needs to contain header, footer and maybe a graphical surrounding of photos ect. or some kind of background.
The footer needs to contain the phrases "KREDIT til børnepenge", "Fragt 29 kr.", "Gratis fragt - køb for over 600 kr.". Preferable these phrases should be in some kind of boxes, circles, as a stamp or similar.
A file of our logo is attached. Please let me know if you would like further files supplied.
08-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Hello, I understand that you're using a mass-mailing service, so you will need a HTML kind of newsletter not a pdf... am I right?
Thank you! :)
08-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Correct - it's a HTML mail I'm looking for.
Our latest newsletter can be seen here: http://babyfryd.dk/images/nyhedsbrev/2011/20110818/20110818.html
Kind regards, Mikael
08-19-2011, 05:42 AM
I will work on a concept for your project next week.
08-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Email templates are always a drag to code as they have much more limitations than usual html/css websites. It's also very hard to make them look consistent on all email clients. So I've only used desgin elements that I know I can code.
Your site is very clean and elegant, but in order to get the wow factor in the email and make the users click, I've took the liberty to use some decorative elements.
I've made the width of the new design around the width of the images you've used in the last newsletter. So you may reuse older images without redoing them.
Except the text in the 3 clouds at the bottom, the signature and the "Find out more" buttons, all the text will be editable in html. So you won't need to open any Photoshop file when creating new emails.
The search box in the header will be a direct link to your homepage, so you won't be able to type any text there. It's just fore decorative purpose, but a small percentage of users will click it.
This design is just a starting point, so please let me know if there's anything that needs to be adjusted.
Hi, this is my first run. Please welcome your feed backs ;-)
for the title, I don't know the language! ;-)
Here is my idea :D I spiced up things with some drawings I liked but kept the content to be easy to edit :D
08-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for alle your fine inputs :tup:
We will think about them over the weekend and get back to you with feed-back in the beginning of next week.
09-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the very nice contributions :)
Here is our feedback:
Att.: silviu-ivan post #5:
A very nice suggestion :yes:
- Please try to remove the clouds in the grey area surrounding the newsletter.
- The header is very nice, but could you try to remove the search box.
- Remove the little blue element left to the headers. If you have another idea on how to enhance the headers, please give it a try.
- Can you make rounded corners on the frame surrounding the newsletter.
- Not sure about the seperator between each section. Do you have another suggestion?
- Instead of just inserting 6 pictures (as under "Krutter nyheder"), do you you have a suggestion for some kind of frame around each product?
- Do you have a suggestion on how to add a pricelable or short text for each product?
- The clouds at the bottom are not our style. Can you try a second shot? They may also be placed at the top to the right of the newsletter?
- Great with the signature at the bottom!
Att.: gig post #6:
Also a nice job ;)
- We like the look for the products/text boxes. But we do fear that we will have a problem if the text and pictures do not take up the same space (i.e. many pictures and little text og the other way around). Could you make an example of these two possibilities?
- The grey bar seperating the header from the rest of the newsletter doesn't fit in. Could you try to remove it?
- Instead of just inserting 3 pistures (as under "Krutter nyheder"), do you you have a suggestion for some kind of frame around each product?
- Do you have a suggestion on how to add a pricelable or very short text for each product?
- Could you try to separate the text at the bottom into three separate boxes?
Att.: will post #8:
Unfortunately, the graphics (faces ect.) are not our style, so we'll like to say pass to the suggestion.
But thanks for your effort
09-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I'll post the revisions tomorrow.
09-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Here are the updates.
I've completely removed the blue bars in front of the headings, because anything I tried was eventually too similar or too strong.
The 3 clods in the footer are too big to use in the header, as they compete for focus with your logo. So I've kept them at the bottom, but used a simpler style for them.
Let me know what you think. Comparing the 2 versions, you can decide if you want something simpler or stronger for the decorative elements.
these are the two options.
Please welcome more comments for better design ;-)
Hi, is there any update about this one?
02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Sorry that we have not given answers to your above contributions - that's a mistake from our side!
Unfortunately we don't think that any of the solutions lives fully up to our wishes. We are looking for a more simple and exclusive look.
Please see the following link for inspiration:
We know it's a magazine, and we are of course aiming for a newsletter. But we like the simple and exclusive style of the magazine.
And surely, our logo has to be included somehow!
You can see our current site here:
Do any of you want to have another go?
Anja & Mikael
02-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Hello, are you still accepting designs? I would like to take a shot at it :)
02-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Yes, we are still accepting suggestions. Please see post from 02-06-2012 for inputs.
02-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Sorry to bother you, but the link to your previous newsletter seems to be broken, and I can´t find pictures of the kids wearing the clothes in your website... is there any link where I can find them? :) Thanks!!
02-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Please find the newsletters, including pictures of children, here:
02-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Here is another version based on the latest info you provided.
Any part of the design can be tuned to obtain what you are looking for.
02-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Hi Mikael, thanks, im working on it right now :)
02-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Hello Mikael :), here you have two variations of my concept:
02-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Option 2 :)
03-26-2012, 01:47 AM
We have now worked with your inputs some time, and have taken the header from one contribution (post #23) and the footer from another contribution (post #20). :confused:
Here is what we ended up with:
We are not quite there yet, as we still think the look might be a little bit un-professional and there is no connecting thread.
Do any of you want to have a go at "tuning" it - just a little bit?
Anja & Mikael
Mikael, I am sorry to bother you but since this is a competition and the designers are not working together as a Team, taking the top from one designer and the bottom from the other clashes with the rules. For that reason no designer will work on the changes based on that request.
There are 2 paths to follow here: you can pick a winner and buy the other designers elements, or give different specifications so there is no conflict with the rules.
The first choice will let you keep working on the content with the chosen designer within the scope and protection of DO. Meaning that the money wont go to the designer s account until the job is completed.
Please let the designers know the path to go with.
03-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Sorry for not following the rules :blush:
Could we try this instead:
Please try the following:
Re-use your design from post #20 but with the following changes:
- All grey borders should be changed to black including the one on the top banner.
- Please try to remove the date from the top banner.
- All headings should be as shown in our own example: Left aligned and no thick black lines.
- Please keep the "Find out more" buttons.
- Make space between the different sections, like shown in our example.
- Change the three boxes at the bottom, so they have the same blue color as in our logo.
- Remove the hyperlinks from the footer text (except for "her").
- Remove the grey background.
For you, we have the following wishes for post #23:
- Keep the header as it is.
- Put a thin black frame around each section instead of the blue seperator.
- Remove the grey background.
- Keep the boxes at the bottom almost as they are, but change the colors so they only consist of the blue and white color.
- Remove the dots next to each heading.
- Change heading text-color to black.
- Remove the phone number and e-mail address. Keep it all small and on one line.
That is all for now. No matter the outcome, we would like to thank you both for your effort on this project :)
Anja & Mikael
03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Here are my changes.
03-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Looks very nice :D
Could you please do a last change: Try to make the box on the top banner the same size as in your post #20?
That should (hopefully) be the final change from your side.
Anja & Mikael
03-28-2012, 11:17 PM
03-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Hello :), thanks for the feedback, here you have my changes:
03-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Thanks for your inputs. We have decided that the design from Sliviu (Post # 29) will be our "winner" :tup:
Thanks to all others for their nice contributions. It has been a pleasure working with you all...
Anja & Mikael
03-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Thank you for choosing my design!
I saw you already did a test html implementation of the design, to which you only have to add a few images. Should I send you the psd file directly, or should I take that html file and update it with my images?
04-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi Silviu :)
Please just send us the PSD file.
Could you please send two versions? One as it is, and another where the corners of the thin black frames are rounded at the corners with something like radius 10 px?
Anja & Mikael
04-11-2012, 04:10 AM
Files send via PM
04-12-2012, 11:03 PM
The files are received and look great! Thanks...
The case can be closed.
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.