View Full Version : Restaurant Web Site Template - You'll Get Hungry
02-04-2004, 08:38 AM
(Admin code added by Palmer - W850070E)
02-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Yum yum. I love Ground Round :chef:
02-04-2004, 01:21 PM
do you have the photos of the food in a bigger size??
02-04-2004, 01:54 PM
In contact with the company now to see if they can provide me with high-resolution photos.
02-04-2004, 01:55 PM
excellent :) thanks.. I have an idea but it would need the high res photos :)
02-05-2004, 06:39 PM
I haven't got the photos yet. If I do, I will post them. Could anyone make a layout with what I have provided?
Anyone interested in applying, I can almost hear an echo over here.
02-06-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm interested :) But I just got this layout in my mind that I really would like to try - should I just use a sample photo for just now?
02-06-2004, 04:16 AM
if I get them can change it
I love Ground Round! I will definitly have an entry for this.
Will have something to show you later today.
02-06-2004, 05:22 AM
Thanks guys, this is good news, as I really need to get this site up soon. Looking forward to your awesome work.
02-06-2004, 07:05 AM
what the heck is "ground round"? :D
OK.. I see now, a franchise name, I thought it was a cut of beef or so
... good luck on this comp.. it's a fun one!
Put them to shame! :tup:
02-06-2004, 07:10 AM
It's a chain of restaurants in the U.S. I believe "ground round" is another name for something similar to hamburger I'm sure azo313 will correct me if I'm wrong...
02-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Thanks Palmer, I found it too (don't read well without glasses/at this time of night).. what a fun comp.. can I enter.. LOL
02-06-2004, 08:09 AM
You can enter if it's ok with Palmer. I think you have to be a "design team member" or something though. Check with Palmer on that :)
Yes it's a chain of restaurants. Very good food.
Can't wait to see the results of this contest.
Ok, hate being the first to go :-
02-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I will get to work on the revisions, and maybe try something else.
02-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Sounds great. Thanks for the prompt response.
02-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi there :)
Here is kinda what I meant.. I bought the photo from a stock photography library, so if you liked my design, you can use it if you cant get hold of the higher resolution images.
<img src='http://www.c1vision.com/sitepoint/ground_kb.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
here's an attempt for you.
<img src='http://www.epicservers.com/~ianjames/clients/templates/LivoniaGround.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Love forward to your comments ,Thanks
I have made a template with 2 different styles. I will post the first one in this message and the second in the next one. (Sorry for low quality images, will fix later if you like the designs)
02-06-2004, 09:09 PM
This is a tough decision. I regret having to choose only one. So far, I like 1on1's second layout the best. I'll let the contest go until Sunday though.
However, please change the following:
1. Switch the Ground Round Logo with the text "We've Got What You Like!". I'd like them in each other's spots.
2. The "email club" image is good. However, can you change the bottom part of it (the white part) to be green instead? I want to use the same green as the header. Lets see how it looks with that. And the image used in the email club newsletter. Can you try a different one? The reason why is because the current image (of food) has the same colors as one of the images in the navigation. Althoug they are different, at quick glance it almost looks like the same image used twice. You don't have to use an image of food, but you can. Try something different for that spot.
Thanks! I do like all of them, and wish I could pick them all. The reason why I like 1on1's the most so far is because it's so simple and clean. I do not care for the text section or the part that says "Wha'ts New," I'm talking about the layout part on the top, left, and bottom. All are very simple and clean. Looks very nice.
I'm in too! I'll post mine later.
Glad you liked the design. Here are the requested changes I added the links to the footer aswell.
Here's my shot. I don't know what to put in the main content area so I just put up some text. Anyway, if ever this wins, it'll be easy to add.
02-07-2004, 04:43 PM
You guys are great. I'm amazed.
I still think 1on1's is my best choice. It will win Sunday if there are no more entries by 1:00 PM.
02-07-2004, 04:54 PM
I need another change, this one is hard to explain, but if you read carefully, you will understand.
The web site is going to be center aligned, the background of the HTML page will be that same beige color you used in your layout.
Please add, at the VERY top of the layout, a strip of that same beige color, about 50 pixels high. Once you do that, please make the Ground Round logo about double it's current size, and make it so that it overlaps ONTO that new beige strip.
I also have one more instruction, but it will be hard to understand until you make that current change. So please do that change first and I'll tell you the second change.
Also, please do not do this until you re-download the zip file. I have added a "new" logo in there that is MUCH higher quality. Please use that new one instead. (it looks the same)
I made that quick change - got to go to bed now :blink: if I do win we can do the other changes in the revision forum.
I just put the new logo on the above.
02-07-2004, 07:00 PM
1. Replace 'Banquet Room' with 'The Lounge'.
2. Change left pic to plate09.jpg, change right pic to plate05.jpg. Keep the middle one as ice-cream. In the left pic (plate09.jpg), use the left most side of the image, since the right side is a bit cut off. Be sure to get some lettuce and egg in there.
3. Move 'Home' to the top of the links both on the left and on the bottom navigations.
4. Use the new logo.jpg in the zip file (same one, better quality). Lets go about 10% smaller on the logo.
5. Regarding the text 'Livonia Ground Round' in the upper left, any way to improve it? Seems a bit plain. Not sure what can be done, but perhaps you have an idea.
6. The last, and most important thing. Now that the web site has been lowered from the very top margin of the page, and there is beige at the top, there is a small problem. The problem is that the green box at the top has pointy edges and just seems plain. Perhaps you could round the edges of it, or do something to the edge (such as a shadow) so that it's not simply a green box? To see what I am talking about, please visit this link:
I think rounded edges with some sort of shadow is the best idea, but maybe you have a better idea. Do whatever you think makes it look better.
I am sorry for all of these changes. I think I am done, or very close to done changing things on you.
Thanks a TON!
Well I guess Martin's the winner :) Congrats man!
Good Morning - Just seen the list of changes you wanted me to do, and here they
<!--QuoteBegin-Luc+Feb 8 2004, 12:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Luc @ Feb 8 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well I guess Martin's the winner :) Congrats man! [/b][/quote]
A winner hasn't been anounced yet Luc!
02-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Hopefully the last changes:
The rounded edges were supposed to be done to the top green rectangle, not the bottom. Could you please do the same, or similar change to the top one instead? And revert the bottom one to the original size and shape.
And with the Ground Round logo, I can't tell if it's the new logo.jpg. Please confirm.
I do believe that we have a winner after this :)
Like This :- and yes it's the new logo :)
02-08-2004, 09:19 AM
We have a winner, congratulations 1on1.
By the way, I'm a bit iffy regarding my decision with the rounded top corners. But I do not like them being as a rectangle either. I'm sorry.
Perhaps there is some other kind of design or something that can be done besides rounding them that won't make them look so plain and rectangular? Maybe we can do this in the revisions forum.
By the way, my dad LOVES the new design of the word Livonia. Thanks for such a great job :)
How about something like this for the header :-
02-08-2004, 10:23 AM
That will do, please zip and send me PSD along with any fonts used in the layout. I'll PM you my email addy right now.
Thanks. files have been sent :)
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.