View Full Version : Event Promotion Poster *Project Over*
07-29-2004, 12:10 AM
(Admin code added by Michael - X753262M $150)
Well, here we go again. I'm so excited to post another contest! It's been a couple months but I am back. I will be posting a total of four contests (two banners, one poster, and one voucher) for this promotion so please look for my other contests. Here you go:
Printed poster dimensions: 11X17 inches
Color: Full color
Contest prize: $150
Files included in ZIP: Riding Arizona logo, Arctic Cat logo, 400LE ATV graphics (2 images: 1 profile, 1 action), 400DVX ATV graphics (2 images: 1 profile, 1 action), Word file with 14 dealer locations (text)
ZIP location: http://www.azohv.com/posterfiles.zip
Files required to be in poster: Riding Arizona logo (prominent), Arctic Cat logo (prominent), one 400LE ATV graphic, one 400DVX ATV graphics, listing of all 14 Arizona dealers (can be smaller, less prominent)
Promotion title: Riding Arizona and Arctic Cat's Key To The Trails
Promotion tone: Action, excitement, outdoors, dirt, keys(tie to promotion title)
Colors: open to your design flair
Promotion sponsors: Riding Arizona (www.RidingArizona.com) and Arctic Cat (http://www.arctic-cat.com/atvs)
Promotion idea: Win an Arctic Cat ATV!!! Riding Arizona and Arctic Cat are giving away a brand new ATV at the annual Turkeyweek event over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. To enter, our site members stop into one of the 14 Arizona Arctic Cat dealers to obtain a FREE key voucher. No purchase necessary. They exchange the key voucher at the event for a key and a chance to start the ATV. If their key starts the ATV they win their choice of either the 400LE or 400DVX ATVs.
Additional event details: Date(Saturday, November 27th), Time(12 NOON), Location(at the Boulders (MM11.5), near Lake Pleasant)
One call to action that we would like to see on the poster: Ask THIS dealer how to get the KEY that could start this incredible machine!
Some legal that must be on the poster: Must be18 years of age to participate. A valid proof of ID will be required at the event. Must be present to win. Log onto RidingArizona.com for further details.
That's it! I look forward to some quality work from the designers. I am open to all ideas and look forward to seeing your creative work and talent. Please post up any questions you have.
07-29-2004, 05:49 AM
I forgot to add the contest ends on August 7th, 2004 at midnight.
07-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Great to see you back at DO :)
I have 2 questions:
When you say:
" Ask THIS dealer how to get the KEY that could start this incredible machine!"
Who is the THIS is this sentence? RidingArizona.com? or...Arctic-Cat.com?
Also what is the Location? Should it read "MM1.5 at the Bolders"?
I'll be entering this one and your others as well.
07-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Good to "see" you again too! These posters will be located in each of the 14 delers listed on the poster. That is the call to action for the person to ask for the voucher (another contest I will post in the next day or two....I am awaiting on dimensions for the pre-numbered vouchers before I can post), which allows them to participate in the contest. Does that make sense?
07-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Not real clear on who THIS dealer is:
All the Dealers listed in the word .doc should be listed on the poster with their corresponding information. With "Ask one of THESE Dealers how to get the KEY that could start this incredible machine!"
Is that right?
And the exact location should read.....?
07-29-2004, 11:05 PM
OK , I get it now :D
The poster is in the shop and they are to ask someone in the the store how to get a key. Then an employee of that dealership will give them the flyer (voucher) that will be created in another contest.
Took a few reads, but I think I got it.
07-29-2004, 11:07 PM
The posters will ONLY be in the dealers shops listed on the poster. So the thought was that a person who was not familiar with the promotion would see the poster and ask the dealer about the promotion. I will say this...we are not attached to the exact words I posted. If you believe you can make it more clear, if you can create a strong call to action, great!
07-30-2004, 08:05 PM
07-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Do you have access to any hi-res actions shots of the DVX?
07-30-2004, 10:39 PM
I have asked for more from Arctic Cat. I will post up anything else that I get. Right now the zip has two images, the profile on white and the other with three in the sand.
07-31-2004, 12:26 AM
A quick layout to get you started... The faint texture in the background is a topo map of Arizona and I made "WIN" huge as that is obviously the draw.
07-31-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks for getting the ball rolling. It looks great! A few small changes that would help:
1. The promotion title is KEY TO THE TRAILS. Can you add the S to TRAIL.
2. The main copy paragraph content needs a couple of edits. Could you change it to: Riding Arizona and Arctic Cat are giving away a brand new ATV at the annual Turkeyweek event over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. To enter, our site members stop into one of the 14 Arizona Arctic Cat dealers to obtain a FREE key voucher. No purchase necessary. They exchange the key voucher at the event for a key and a chance to start the ATV. If their key starts the ATV they win their choice of either the 400LE or 400DVX ATVs.
3. Could you change the time from 1PM to 12 NOON.
4. Can you change the legal copy to: Must be18 years of age to participate. A valid proof of ID will be required at the event. Must be present to win. Log onto RidingArizona.com for further details.
5. Can you show me two versions, what it would look like to have the green quad face left, then one facing right?
6. If there is any way you could make the colors compliment the Riding Arizona logo better that would be preferred.
I know 90% of those changes are copy and only 10% design. From your design I noticed a few changes the copy needed and have updated the original post. Your design is great. The concept is just what my partner and I were looking for. I look forward to the revisions and thanks again.
07-31-2004, 10:06 AM
I just noticed your requested changes and I'll get those posted as soon as I can. In the meantime, here's another variation that I came up with. This time focusing on the LE.
07-31-2004, 03:02 PM
08-03-2004, 09:17 PM
A couple thoughts on the last comp you provided:
1. can you add www.ridingarizona.com to the bottom of the license plate between the bottom two bolts
2. make the Key To The Trails more prominent, maybe raise it up to just under the ATVs and snaz it up some
3. find a better place to house the two logos, Riding Arizona and Arctic Cat....making sure the Arctic Cat logo has priority but that they (specifically Riding Arizona) blend in better (like what you did on #2
4. can you mod up a version of your #2 submission, switching the red sport ATV with the green utility ATV...assuming you would have to change out the trees too because the red sport is more suited for sand
That's it. Looks like we are close to making a decision. All other designers...you better get your versions in transit or at least let us know you are interested if you are planning to enter.
08-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Here's a mod of the last version. I made the logos and headline more prominent as requested.
08-04-2004, 01:36 PM
And the slanted version...
08-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Looks like you may win this one by default!!! I am waiting to see if any other designs come in but I am very pleased by your last revision.
08-10-2004, 08:57 PM
You are the winner! Like there was any doubt in your mind. I have selected your very last design, killer. I do have a couple of small edits that I will post up after they move this topic to the last stage of the contest (not sure what they call it). Thank you for working with me on this contest and for the different designs. I look forward to the delivery of the Photoshop file.
08-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Waht tweaks did you have in mind? In the meantime, I'll get started with adding the rest of the participating retailers into the layout.
08-11-2004, 05:50 AM
1. The main copy paragraph content needs a couple of edits. Could you change it to:
Riding Arizona and Arctic Cat are giving away a brand new ATV at the annual Turkeyweek event over Thanksgiving weekend. To enter, stop into any of the 14 Arizona Arctic Cat dealers to obtain a FREE key voucher(one entry per person). Exchange the key voucher at the event for a key and a chance to start the ATV. If your key starts the ATV you win your choice of either the 400LE or 400DVX ATVs.
2. Paragraph #2:
The event will be held at the Boulders (MM11.5) near Lake Pleasant on Saturday, November 27th at 12 noon. See www.RidingArizona.com for details.
3. In the red circle: Ask this dealer how to get a key that could start this incredible machine!
4. Can you change the legal copy to: Must be18 years of age to enter. A valid proof of ID will be required at the event. Must be present to win. One entry per person. See www.RidingArizona.com for details.
5. Lastly. Somewhere on the poster we need to have you add the URL: www.RidingArizona.com in a little bit larger text so it is noticable but not obnoxious. I was thinking maybe under the green atv.
That's it. Thanks Mike!
08-12-2004, 10:45 AM
I incorporated the changes that you requested and only had one question:
two of the retailers are missing information
Is this done intentionally or do you have that info to drop in?
08-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I will fill those shop's information in after the fact. Looks good. Can you email me the Photoshop file?
08-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Here is the information on the KD CYCLE:
2341 E 16TH STREET
YUMA, AZ 85365
For the other one just use what you have:
The revision looks good. Can you complete the changes and ship me the PS file? I need to go to press soon.
08-17-2004, 08:00 PM
You there???? I now have the last piece of information:
511 W. GUADALUPE ROAD
GILBERT, AZ. 85233
Hope to hear from you soon. :eek:
08-19-2004, 08:50 PM
What gives??? You still there? It's been nine days since I awarded you the contest. Can you please give me some indication that you can complete and deliver the file soon? I am up against my press date and need to move forward.
08-27-2004, 05:36 AM
Files received. Thanks Mike!!!!
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.