View Full Version : [Project Complete] Logo for Software
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
(Admin code added by Palmer - WD4979649)
I am in need of a logo for content management software that I built. The name of the software is MindSite CMS and it is an enterprise content management system built on Microsoft .NET technologies.
I have a couple rough ideas for a logo that can be seen here:
Feel free to improve on those ideas or come up with your own. Here are some parameters:
1) Logo must look good on white background.
2) Logo must scale well to be used on web page and also in application header/splashscreen graphics
3) Logo should blend well color-wise and style-wise with my company logo seen at http://www.hillcrestsoftware.net
4) Try to come up with logo that might translate well into a 16x16 or 24x24 icon for the application.
5) The words 'MindSite' and 'CMS' should appear somewhere in the logo in some kind of type. I'm not looking for anything fancy with the product name design (i.e. guys shaking hands spells out the 'M' type of thing) but the rest of the logo feel free to be creative. Also, you can try the phrase 'content management system' instead of 'CMS' if you feel it improves the design.
As an FYI...the logo will be used in the MindSite CMS application throughout in a 50 pixel high header area on most windows so something that looks especially nice in a size of 50px high and 250-300px wide is desireable.
Prize for this contest is $150 and the due date is May 5th. If you have any questions or need any more information about the application, please don't hesitate to post.
Thanks very much.
04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Also, I've posted a few screenshots of the application so you can get an idea of what it looks like:
As an FYI...I'll also be posting a project for a splash screen and some application icons so watch for those as well.
05-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Any takers? If you need more information to get started please let me know.
05-02-2005, 01:26 AM
05-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the entries!
Bill - Sorry but not quite what I was looking for. A little too "Atari"-ish for me if that makes sense. Also, the colors weren't working for me. I checked out your PennyLane site and some of the logos you did that I liked were the ones for Waterhouse Media, RabbitPals.com, and OxygenCreative WebDesign. Hope that gives at least a little perspective of what I like and am looking for.
eziey - Pretty good but unfortunately the picture between "Mind" and "Site" isn't clicking for me. Do you have any variations on that theme?
Thanks again for participating. If you have any questions or need any additional information please let me know.
05-04-2005, 01:39 PM
05-04-2005, 01:46 PM
One from me...
05-05-2005, 06:51 AM
DG- Very nice! A couple things, though:
1) MindSite is one word so can you remove the space from between "Mind" and "Site".
2) Can you try one with the circle image part in the green and make the "MindSite" text the blue? I'd just like to see how that looks.
3) For the "MindSite" text try it without bolding the first part and make the word all one color instead of both.
The type font looks great and I like the words "content management system" spelled out. Nice job creating something simple that resonates well.
Deanna - Nice entry. Here are my initial thoughts:
1) The type doesn't jive with our company logo type. Also looks a little too "space age" for my tastes. Can you try it with some different fonts?
2) Maybe try spelling out "content management system" instead of "CMS" underneath "MindSite".
3) The image to the left looks nice but I think it's a little too busy for what I wanted. Is there any way to simplify that same concept?
Thanks for your entries! If you have any questions please post.
05-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback :)
05-05-2005, 07:21 AM
05-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the updates, DG. If you don't mind, can you try a couple other things:
1) Green's not working for me on the image. Can you move it back to the light blue?
2) Try the "MindSite" in all bold in both the green and blue (or even another color that you think would work well).
3) Is it possible to show what a 16x16 and 24x24 image of the circle part would look like? I'd like to see how it translates into an icon.
Thanks very much!
05-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Also DG, one more thing - can you maybe experiment with the thickness of the circle? If you can make the lines and curves a little thinner I think it might look a little more congruent with the type.
05-05-2005, 07:40 AM
1st update :)
Also, not sure if you saw this post too
Since I bolded the text the circle working better with the font. I can make a thinner version for the regular font.
05-05-2005, 07:51 AM
OK...you're going to hate me but I had another idea for the circle part:
Sorry about my lousy photoshopping but I guess that's why I'm here :)
As you can see my idea is to make half the circle blue and half green kind of like a water/earth of the globe. Also, if you could make a thin white line separate the two halves I think it'd look cool as well as be the same as the company logo that has shapes separated by thin white.
Thanks for all your work!
05-05-2005, 09:31 AM
here are 2 variations for the icon :)
05-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the updates, DG. To make things official - you've won the contest. Moderator - if you want to move this to the Revisions Forum please feel free.
DG - can we do one or two more revisions on this? Here's what I'd like to see:
1) The circular logo you just posted in #5 (the one that's lower and to the right with the more angular lines).
2) The type from your entry #2 with "MindSite" in bold.
3) Use the type from entry #2 for the "content management system".
Once you have that, can you also maybe cut a "skinny" version where the circular logo is thinner and you don't bold the "MindSite"?
05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks for choosing my work :)
05-05-2005, 11:33 AM
I think we'll go with the "thick" version for our final although I'm having a hard time choosing. Would it be possible to deliver the layers for the "thin" version as well and set them as hidden in the .psd?
If possible, I'd like to get the following delivered:
1) .PSD file with all layers of image
2) Names of all fonts in the logo and, if they are not common, font files as well so I can install those fonts on my machine.
3) Icon file (.ico) for the globe/circle part of the logo
4) 16x16 and 24x24 .gif and .psd files of globe/circle part
5) Color .jpg of logo
6) Black and white .jpg of logo
7) Any other files/resources that you think I might need if I want to eventually tweak the font, size, spacing, etc.
If I'm out of line in asking for too much let me know. I just want to make sure I have enough so that if I want to modify it I can do so without too much trouble.
If you could wrap this up today and get me the deliverables that'd be great. If there's a problem getting me any of the above please let me know.
Thanks again for your work.
05-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Files Sent via private message.
Let me know if everything is ok.
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.