Design Outpost

Design Outpost (http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/index.php)
-   Logo Project Archives (http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   [Project Complete] LOGO design, $150, Deadline of 10/25/2007 (http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14708)

alimaly 10-15-2007 04:58 PM

LOGO design, $150, Deadline of 10/25/2007

(Admin code added by Palmer - 9BH300295R407834D)

A start-up real estate company looking to improve its logo. We already have a logo but i like to give it a more corporate look and design. We want to stand out with our logo.

I would attached it but i can't see attach option here. You can go to our website: wwww.jambostar.com to view it too.

Thanks
Ali

Palmer 10-15-2007 07:50 PM

Hello and welcome to Design Outpost. Please copy and paste the questions and answers from the following link to help the designers get started on the right track... http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7819

Thank you :)

alimaly 10-16-2007 12:48 PM

Logo Design Assessment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Design Outpost Creative Brief Worksheet

Project Summary:What text should be included in the main part of the logo?
We have a logo already. We want it improved

What type of product or service do you offer?
Real estate

How long have you been in business?
1 year

What do you hope to accomplish with your new identity?
Give a corporate feel and identity. Outstanding and professional look.

What are your long term goals?
Become the leading and the best in real estate in East Africa

When is the deadline for final entries before choosing a designer?
As soon as possible

Audience Profile:Please describe your existing audience
We are targeting Africans in the diaspora to invest in Africa and help them with that.

Who would you like to add to your audience?
Both local and internationa. Also, working with morgage companies

Perception/Tone/Guidelines: What type of logo would you like?
Rich, professional, reflecting our name and business

Do you have any colors in mind for your logo? (if so, why?)
Already provided in the existing logo. May add any thing that brings it out to be the best.

Do you have any specific images or icons in mind that you would definitely like to see incorporated into your logo?
Property, or something point to real estate

Communication Strategy:What attributes would you like your logo to reflect about your business?
Excellence, reliability, trust, respect and the best

What is your tagline or slogan?
Thinking about one; the best deals in the best business

What is the overall message you are trying to convey to your target audience?
We would like to them to be able to purchase without travelling to see the property. We will provide complete virtual tour and provide all the information they need to know about their property.

Where will your new logo be used?
Website, yard signs, pamphlets, newsletters, letterheads, bizcards, all our prints.

Competitive Positioning: Who are your competitors and what do you think about their logos?
Other real estate companies.... well, they have good logos but we want to be the best in all, logo , service etc

List competitive URLs if possible

What sets you apart from your competitors?
technology, service

Targeted Message:
State a single-minded word or phrase that will appropriately describe your company: see our slogan

Thank you for choosing Design Outpost

-Mark Twain

alimaly 10-16-2007 08:24 PM

Is there anyone working on something?? for the logo or it just sits there. I am new to this, so don't be surprised by my concern.

Thanks,
Ali

Virgil 10-17-2007 09:07 AM

Somehow,
I can't see your logo, and the web address provided doesn't seem to work,
Thank you,
Virgil.

alimaly 10-17-2007 06:23 PM

website

Hi Virgil,
Here is the website again: www.jambostar.com
If this doesn't work, google ' real estate in africa or jambostar.com etc.

Here is also the weblink: http://www.jambostar.com/

Thanks for taking a look at it.
Ali

alimaly 10-19-2007 08:31 PM

Is anyone interested in this project??

Hello all,
It seems no one is working on this project inspite of only 6 day left from deadline. If no one is interested, i will have to pull it out by sunday. Please let me know if you are working on it or interested. For more information about our business, see www.jambostar.com

Thanks,
Ali

pracus 10-20-2007 02:43 AM

Hi Ali! I am working on it! :)

alimaly 10-20-2007 03:05 PM

Thanks Pracus... Now i have a reason to stay on. Looking forward to some drafts.
Thanks
Ali

radojevic 10-20-2007 06:10 PM

:)

alimaly 10-20-2007 07:05 PM

Thanks

Hi Radojevic,

The colored one looks great. But, if you notice, the star on original logo has the shape of the African continent. Also, if you can include a theme reflecting properties, home, or skyscaper or et miight spruce it up a little bit.

Thanks
Ali

pracus 10-21-2007 01:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

alimaly 10-21-2007 06:40 AM

Logo

Hi pracus,
We are certainly heading in the right direction with a hint of properties with the logo. can we improve it further? Is it looking to big to you for a logo?

Thanks,

pracus 10-21-2007 07:16 AM

Hi Ali!

Yes, of course we can work on it.
So you mean that the scyscrapers' icon is too big or the whole logo?

alimaly 10-21-2007 12:00 PM

logo

I was thinking the whole thing but in looking at it again, it is just the first impression compare with the original one. It looks fine to me although there is no much else i can compare to. Can you possible do something with the company name place. I.e its backroughm, underline, moving its position to up or down.

Thanks
ali

alimaly 10-22-2007 11:23 AM

Pracus,
How is it coming. I am liking the star tower logo. Is there anything more you think we need to do. It has to go to the website, all our prints etc by or around the deadline date. If you feel the funding is limiting for further work that may improve the logo, i am will to put in an additional $50 or $100 depending on the final look.

Thanks
Ali

pracus 10-22-2007 11:51 AM

Hi Ali!

Thank you for further instructions. I am working on it. I have some concepts for you and will post it today or tomorrow.
It is very nice that you like my work.

Pracus

alimaly 10-23-2007 09:18 PM

Pracus,
I was expecting something today or yesterday. I am closing in the deadline and i need to beat it with some satisfaction. Please send the concepts you have put together.

Ali

pracus 10-23-2007 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sorry for a delay, Ali. It's a real rush here with some other projects.

pracus 10-23-2007 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be back later today.

LutFi 10-24-2007 12:50 AM

Hello,

This is Version # 1.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thank you.
LutFi

LutFi 10-24-2007 05:26 AM

Version # 2.

Thank you
LutFi

alimaly 10-24-2007 07:12 PM

Logofinaldradft

Pracus,
I like version#2 and the star on version#1. In other words, Can you replace the star on version 2 with that of version 1. Then version 2 will have minor changes. That means, i choose you as my designer effective reading this email.

Also, do you think including a hint of windows is a good idea.

Lufti,
Yours looks great. I truly appreciate the effort but i feel i should go with my instinct and go with Pracus.

pracus 10-25-2007 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Ali!
I'm not sure about the hint of the windows. I'm a big fan of symbolic images. Providing window hints the logo will be very detailed. I can try but I wouldn't expect good effects.

alimaly 10-25-2007 09:07 AM

logo

Comment well taken - i like the symbolic image. Then we need to move to the next level and finalize this today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks
ali

pracus 10-25-2007 10:30 AM

OK, Ali. So now I will prepare the final files for you :)

alimaly 10-25-2007 10:54 AM

Sounds good. thanks

pracus 10-25-2007 11:19 AM

Files sent. Thank you!

alimaly 10-25-2007 03:31 PM

Logo

Where did you send the file to. Not in my email or in revisions?
Thanks
Ali

pracus 10-25-2007 03:41 PM

Hi Ali! Please read the private message: http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/private.php