Design Outpost

Design Outpost (http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/index.php)
-   Logo Project Archives (http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   [Project Complete] A Green Oasis Logo $100 (http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2732)

qdriver 01-30-2004 03:27 PM

[Project Complete] A Green Oasis Logo $100

1 Attachment(s)
(Admin code added by 2Square - P128804U)

OK, I have heard MANY great reviews about the designers on this site. That is why I chose to use it over other sites.

Company name: A Green Oasis
Slogan: "We make your lawn stand out from the rest!"
Colors: Green and Blue (and maybe yellow)
Symbol: Oasis and/or Palm Trees. Maybe also the Florida sun.

I am a sole owner/operator. But I want an ultra corporate, professional logo. I want my name and logo as one image but I want the icon to be able to stand alone. I want some thing I can continue to use when I grow. It will be used on all vehicles, cards, stationary,, everything.

Basically I am looking for a total branding solution on a small budget. I have some sketches I have done and some art I would like to send to you to give you an idea. But feel free to use your own ideas as well. How do I send you my ideas?

Thank you all in advance for your time and effort!

-Qdriver

Palmer 01-30-2004 04:21 PM

Hi Qdriver, nice avatar :tup: We ask that the designers do not communicate privately with the client during the project so if there are some files associated with this design that you would like to include, please email a zip file of them to palmer at designoutpost.com and I will attach them to your thread.

qdriver 01-30-2004 05:27 PM

This sounds bad but, How do make and sent a zip file. And what is Palmer's email address. Also how lond does it normally take for the first art to come in? I know it has only been a very short time. I would like to see any ideas the designers have of their own.

Palmer 01-30-2004 06:37 PM

I'm not sure how your computer works but on my computer I open Windows' File Explorer and go to the folder with all the files in it that I want to zip. I hold down the Ctrl key and click each files I want to "zip". I then hover my mouse over any one of those files, right click and then choose "send to compressed zip file" A new file is created that may look like a vise.

You then use whatever program you use to send email and "attach" that zip file to an email address to palmer[at]designoutpost.com but replace the [at] with @

I did not put the email address in my message so spiders would not scan this message for the @ symbol and start spamming my email address.

Good luck

qdriver 01-30-2004 07:15 PM

:huh:

OK,. that was the first time I did that... I think I did it right though. No one with any designs of their own yet?.

Palmer 01-30-2004 07:36 PM

Zip file attached to first post. Regarding the quickness of the designs being submitted, the weekend is pretty slow around here.

beatz 01-30-2004 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Qdriver,

to get things started here is a concept - feedback is appreciated :)

Thanks,

Frank

Bill 01-30-2004 08:38 PM

Dropping out! Good luck Frank...

qdriver 01-30-2004 09:00 PM

Hi Beatz, welcome to the team. Although I am a Sci-Fi fan, I don't think the font is right. Try the sun fading fr bright on top to fade out on bottom w/the palm outline like you have it.

In reference to the Ideas I sent in. I REALLY like the way image 1 is set up. If it had an "A" in it, the palm from image 3 or 6 curving to the right. The "oasis" to be solid color instead of "stripped".

I would like to play with either two palms joined ant the bottom as in image 4 or 5 or just one palm. At first let's try the "Green" to be green, and the "Oasis" & "A" to be Blue.

Image 2 shows how I would like to try an icon that is separate from the name. Maybe the silhouette of the palm curving fr left to right making the border of the left side of the sun. and some type of horizon across the lower part of the circle or "sun".

Aqua or a bright blue and a bright grass green.

Pennyln, Hello and welcome. I like where you are going. The palm needs to curve to the right. Not sure about that font. I think all the text should be the same size.

How about the separate Icon.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the work! :)

Fabian 01-31-2004 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some corporate styling.

B)
Fabian

qdriver 01-31-2004 10:25 AM

Fabian, Hello and welcome.

Try colored text on a white back ground w/a color border. Definitely a different palm. I want to also try an icon to stand alone from the text.

zigiddy 01-31-2004 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi qdriver. Here are my ideas for your logo. Please forgive the colors, I woke up this morning to a monitor that won't allow me to see shades of color. :help:

Jason

Fabian 01-31-2004 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello qdriver,and thanks for the welcome :D

Ok,is this more in line with what you were thinking ?

Thanks
Fabian

Tonya 01-31-2004 06:17 PM

Going for a cleaner, more corporate look here.

user posted image

beatz 01-31-2004 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

here are the revisions - different font, text colored, sun fading opposite direction as before.

Feedback is appreciated as always :)

Thanks,

Frank

qdriver 01-31-2004 09:39 PM

Jason, Hello and welcome.
I like your second image. I understand about your monitor. as soon as you can, give me some richer color. I different palm and no yellow in the "O"

Fabian,
Yes, that is getting more corporate. I need a fuller font and a different palm. Bold font on the slogan. Maybe evena bit more corporate and/or abstract

Tonya, hello and welcome.
I like the concept with your icon. Maybe a hill offset to the right. A different palm (that one is better,.. jus t a lil flat on top. Use yellow as upper background.

Frank,
I like your third image this time. A different palm and a more brilliant blue. Shade of green is OK. I like what you did whith "Kalorama"

everyone, I know it is hard to get the right thoughts across. Thank you for your patience. :)

Tonya 01-31-2004 10:27 PM

QUOTE (qdriver @ Feb 1 2004, 12:39 AM)

I like the concept with your icon. Maybe a hill offset to the right. A different palm (that one is better,.. jus t a lil flat on top. Use yellow as upper background. [/b][/quote]

I haven't worked in a hill yet, but here it is with a bushier plam tree and the yellowy sky.

user posted image

Fabian 01-31-2004 10:31 PM

G'Day qdriver

As you don't seem to like anybodys current palms,could you please show us the the sort of palm image/style you have in mind.

Thanks
Fabian

Tonya 01-31-2004 10:50 PM

And, here it is with a hill to the right. I added a sun too, to fill up the space.

user posted image

Fabian 02-01-2004 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi qdriver,

More highly detailed palms,stronger fonts.

Thanks
Fabian

qdriver 02-01-2004 08:58 AM

Tonya,
The palm is a better. Would like a more sunny yellow. (less oragney) I like the sun silhouette. Could you show me the icons side by side, one with a yellow sky and one with a blue sky? Both with rich colors. Try to make the hill flowing from left to right instead of the flat part on the left.

Fabian,
I like your middle image. The palms are defiantly getting better. I think the two palms works well with your design. Bold the slogan and try a still fuller font.

As far as what I am looking for in a palm,..
In the zip file attach to my first post, I like the palms in images 1, 3, 5 & 6. Order of preference, image 3, 1, 6 and then 5.

Thank you all! :)

Tonya 02-01-2004 12:47 PM

QUOTE (qdriver @ Feb 1 2004, 11:58 AM)
The palm is a better. Would like a more sunny yellow. (less oragney) I like the sun silhouette. Could you show me the icons side by side, one with a yellow sky and one with a blue sky? Both with rich colors. Try to make the hill flowing from left to right instead of the flat part on the left. [/b][/quote]
user posted image

Tonya 02-01-2004 12:56 PM

QUOTE (qdriver @ Feb 1 2004, 11:58 AM)
As far as what I am looking for in a palm,..
In the zip file attach to my first post, I like the palms in images 1, 3, 5 & 6. Order of preference, image 3, 1, 6 and then 5. [/b][/quote]
Which is which? None of the file names have numbers in them.

greenoasis.gif
oasis_icon.gif
OASIS_silicon.gif
oasis_sun_palm_camell.gif
oasis_sunrooms.gif
oasis-L.jpg

qdriver 02-01-2004 02:05 PM

Tonya,

I best like the palm in: Silicon.gif, greenoasis.gif, sunroms.gif and L.jpg

I would like to se a theme (seperate from the ones already shown) with an "A" added to greenoasis.gif and solid blue "oasis"

I like the Blue revivsion ofours. Can you give me a richer blue and bold the slogan.

Tonya 02-01-2004 05:51 PM

Bold slogan and a richer blue...
On the second version here, I also lightened the green slightly because I thought it looked a little too dark against the richer blue. But see what you think:

user posted image

qdriver 02-02-2004 07:26 AM

Tonya,
Just a thought..... I like your icon. It is such a good and simple design; it would seem to me that some one would already have this copyrighted. How do we ensure against that?

Again I plan to have the logo on all Vehicles, uniforms, letterhead,.. Anything and everything.

For now let's try a brighter blue (Peacock or Aqua blue maybe) and a brighter green as well. (more grassy color) Play with the fonts a bit and put an"!" behind slogan. That palm will work I guess, however, I would like to see other palm versions. Can you maybe a more abstract palm, like in the silcon.gif I posted?

To everyone,
I would like to have two main brand versions, an "ULTRA CORPORATE" (like Nike, Pepsi, Lowes,..etc) design and a "SEMI-CORPORATE" (small business types) design. I would like a couple of different logo versions of the two brands to choose from at the end. Then I will choose one Brand.

I want to get some more ides from all the designers and run the contest 'till about the 15th of Feb.

I thank everyone for their hard work! :)

Tonya 02-02-2004 10:21 AM

QUOTE (qdriver @ Feb 2 2004, 10:26 AM)
Tonya,
Just a thought..... I like your icon. It is such a good and simple design; it would seem to me that some one would already have this copyrighted. How do we ensure against that? [/b][/quote]
It's original artwork by me so it can't already be copyrighted or trademarked. But you can do trademark searches and find out more about trademarking your own logo here:

http://www.uspto.gov/

qdriver 02-02-2004 12:32 PM

OK Thank you. Anyone have some new ideas?

zigiddy 02-02-2004 01:07 PM

Hi qdriver,
I am working on revisions for you. I have a new monitor now and, OH BOY am I ever sorry for those colors... they were a hunter green and almost a navy blue on my monitor. I hope to have something new up tonight.

Jason

Tonya 02-02-2004 01:26 PM

QUOTE (qdriver @ Feb 2 2004, 10:26 AM)
Tonya,
For now let's try a brighter blue (Peacock or Aqua blue maybe) and a brighter green as well. (more grassy color) Play with the fonts a bit and put an"!" behind slogan. That palm will work I guess, however, I would like to see other palm versions. Can you maybe a more abstract palm, like in the silcon.gif I posted?[/b][/quote]

Try these colors. I started working on an alternate version with a more abstract palm (like the silicon.gif sample). I'll post that when I get the chance to finish it (tonight or tomorrow probably).

user posted image