Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Old 01-18-2003, 04:19 PM

Hello. (Admin code added by Zoe - V069315H)

I am the webmaster of http://www.geekscripts.com and in the near future, we are planning on a complete overhaul of our site as the site design, and more importantly, the structure needs to be redesigned to list all of our products on the main page.

Anyways, the reason I am holding this contest is to design a new logo for the site, because I believe that the first step to designing a decent website is to get an effective logo.

I dont have any specific requirements for the logo, and it can be in most any color you can imagine. Do not go out of your way to follow the style I already have on the site.

However, I do have some more broad requirements for the logo. I would prefer a vector styled logo that has a very unique, and brandable scheme. I would also like the logo to be easily capable of being changed into different formats and sizes (eg Avatars, Banner Ads, Powered By Logos, etc.. ) I would also like the logo to have an actual "Symbol" and not be simply a variation of the text.

Please stick to a few simple colors. I like the color blue, but feel free to make it in any color you like (except black and orange). I would like the title to read "GeekScripts". Leave room for a possible slogan.

The contest prize is $40 (as stated in the title above), and I will let the contest run until January 29th (aprox 1 and a half weeks). I will require all psd files and fonts from the winner, so I would appreciate it if you keep the layers as in tact as possible so that I can change it around if I like.

Thanks for all of your help, and I wish you all good luck.
If this works out, I might be posting another contest to design the rest of my webdesign (if I cant come up with anything decent myself).
Old 01-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Client

*grins* ...I hope you enjoy this as much as I did creating it
Attached Images

Custom Web Design | eCover Graphics | Website Tips
Old 01-18-2003, 06:32 PM

Nice Idea, but its not quite what I had in mind. I was never a real fan of using numbers as backwards letters and such. Your logo would appeal to those who are already "geeks" persay, but I would like a logo that would appeal to more of a general crowd. I would like something a little bit more professional.

Nice try though..
Old 01-18-2003, 11:05 PM

My first post!

How about this...
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2003, 11:34 PM

Still a bit too cartoonish. I would like something more "vector" based, so that I can shed a less "nerdish" light on geeks.

I like vector style graphics, with a logo above the actual text.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:42 AM

erm... just to clarify... what exactly is your definition of vector based... I created it in Corel Draw, is that not a vector-based program?
Old 01-19-2003, 01:25 AM
Achieve what you believe.

how about this?
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2003, 02:08 AM

Cypher,

I've attached a few different options, let me know if you like one of the logos, or elements of each.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Client

Dan - Your last logo looks very, very similar to the emblem of the Green Bay Packers (US football team). Just an FYI of possible legalese! They all do look really nice though

I'll throw my revised entry into the mix...
Attached Images

Custom Web Design | eCover Graphics | Website Tips
Old 01-19-2003, 09:14 AM

Ubergeek: I like what you have so far, its starting to look good. Needs something more though... Maybe shadows? Something to connect the four orbes with each other and the rest of the logo.

Dan: I like your first logo, but I think it would look better if your text was black. Also, maybe it would look better if the inner circle was "orbish" like ubergeeks and the white "G" was inscribed.

Sparkie: For one, your logo is too compacted. I would like to see Geekscripts all on one line.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Client

Sparkie - a good head's up for Dan, but living 30 miles south of Green Bay (waist-deep in Packer country), it looks far enough away to not be too much concern. Though with the computer I'm on right now I can't see the colors very well -- if you're using green and gold Dan, then you might want to change the color scheme.

I'm looking at it now on my 19" desktop monitor - I wouldn't worry about it looking like the logo for The Pack.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:17 PM

What about these?
Suggestions?
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2003, 02:31 PM

I have a few ideas ubergeek.

First off, not sure I like the seccond one too much, but the first one is starting to look good. What if you were to arange the Orbes into the pattern of a G (upper or lower?) I dont like the shadow on the text. The shadow looks good. But perhaps a bolder font (kind of like what Dan did, but in black). Maybe try making the orbes embossed into the page

Maybe a straight line or two to tie it together?
Old 01-19-2003, 05:14 PM

comments?
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Design Outpost Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by gladding@Jan 19 2003, 12:42 AM
erm... just to clarify... what exactly is your definition of vector based... I created it in Corel Draw, is that not a vector-based program?
Vector is a type of image. The other is bitmap. With vector, you can resize images without *any* distortion.

Just thought I'd say that, you are referring to vector kind of like it's a style, like High Tech or Grunge
Old 01-19-2003, 08:35 PM

Naramation: yes, sorry for any confusion. Vector as in the styel. I would like the logo to be scalable, but mainly just made smaller which shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Ubergerlgeek: I like the text alot. I dont think know if I like the look of the G. Maybe back to the 7 orbes.. But try rotating them a bit so that its more horizontal.

Dan: Any updates from you? I am anxious to see what your going to come up with. A couple people who I am looking forward to seeing entries from. What about you Demex and Buginajar? I would love to see what you two can come up with.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:39 PM

Heres an Idea that I had... but couldnt finish it quite the way I would like.. maybe use it as a concept?

I like this, its kind of neat. Maybe make it so that the inscribed G is the pupil of an eye?

Lol... Palmer, is it ok if I enter my own contest even thogh I am not on the team?? =)
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Design Outpost Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypher@Jan 20 2003, 12:39 AM
Lol... Palmer, is it ok if I enter my own contest even thogh I am not on the team?? =)
Well, I guess so, just this time though

Palmer
Old 01-20-2003, 11:45 PM

ok I kinda merged all ideas into one thing... comments?
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2003, 11:52 PM

Not bad... But I think the top part is too big in comparason to the text (which is at a good size). Not sure if I like the two orbe "fins", do you have any other ideas ubergerlgeek?
Old 01-21-2003, 09:27 AM

Im sure I can come up with a few more ideas tonight...
Old 01-22-2003, 06:55 PM

I was thinking about what I had posted earlier and how I mentioned that it might look good as an eye, and then after a while of not being able to get the eye shape quite right, I came up with this. If you cant tell its half of a pair of glasses over the "G" eye. It would be great if somebody could pick up on this one.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2003, 06:57 PM

Here is the PSD if you guys want to mess around with it. The font I used for the G in the eye was "Century Gothic" its nice and round.
I would like to see my idea taken and made into a couple versions. I didnt do a very good job of the reflection on the glass. Maybe a variation with the glass just with a normal reflection, and I think it would be cool also if you could put a reflection of a computer screen with "code" on it in the lense, just barely visible.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:59 PM

Whoopss.. forgot the actual attatchment with that last post.. here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip geeklogo.zip (67.3 KB, 174 views)
Old 01-24-2003, 12:02 AM

How about -
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2003, 12:27 PM

Only 5 days left... hope to see some more entries.. (PyroDesign....)
Old 01-26-2003, 12:54 PM

*thinks really hard*
Old 01-26-2003, 01:32 PM

Not bad Ubergerlgeek.. but as you stated, I am looking for more of a logo than a banner.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:39 PM

Logo's are not my best quality but I can only try
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2003, 02:40 PM

version 2:
Attached Images