-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Old 02-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Client

Thanks Palmer.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Design Outpost Flounder

Hi, here the first of a few concepts I have in mind for this contest.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Design Outpost Founder

Quote:
Hi, here the first of a few concepts I have in mind for this contest.
Invisibility is an interesting concept
Old 02-08-2004, 03:56 PM

just playing around with this cryptic concept…
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2004, 04:23 PM
It's about quality...

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 7 2004, 01:15 PM)
...I would like to see if this could assume a more circular shape...[/b][/quote]
Thanks

Here it is! user posted image
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2004, 05:28 PM

Hello Rick,

Please find below a first concept for your logo. Looking forward for your comments.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Client

You all have been busy this week-end!! We appreciate all of your efforts.

Raja,

Good strong corporate look. However, this reminds me too much of a legal firm style of logo. Would welcome any other concepts you might have. Thank you.

G)(G,

Good start on the cryptic concept. I've yet to figure out exactly where I'm headed with this. Perhaps the main body could be made from a foliage type design along the lines of the original Greenman. The hidden image wouldn't necessarily have to be along the lines of a facial feature but nothing else has dawned on me yet as to what we could conceal within the image (see my next post to Eagle as to what I'm after with the fonts and eliminate those two themes). Would like your input if you have the time. Thanks.

Eagle,

Almost there with the rounded "a". What I have in mind is, in a very subtle fashion, incorporating the profile of Lincoln within the "a" and an outline of the state of Illinois, again in a very subtle fashion, within the "d". Think this can be done? Appreciate your work in the contest so far.

Axdenied,

I like version 2 the best of your submissions. Like the original tree form and the branching effect. Perhaps the tree canopy could be made more circular in shape and the overall design incorporated within an oval border.

Once again, thanks to all of you for your hard work.

Rick
Old 02-09-2004, 01:41 PM
It's about quality...

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 9 2004, 12:50 AM)
Eagle,

Almost there with the rounded "a".  What I have in mind is, in a very subtle fashion, incorporating the profile of Lincoln within the "a" and an outline of the state of Illinois, again in a very subtle fashion, within the "d".  Think this can be done?  Appreciate your work in the contest so far.

Rick[/b][/quote]
Hi Rick - nice idea.

It initially looks odd but I'd be inclined to say that people might 'double-take' and think "hey!, what's up with that lettering"....

...after closer inspection, they'd sure remember your logo! user posted image
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Client

Eagle,

Thanks for the revision. The outline of the state in the "d" is very close to what I have in mind. No need to spend anymore time on the "d" just yet.

As far as the "a" is concerned I think, after re-reading my previous post concerning this concept, I should have said outline of the profile of Lincoln instead of just profile. My apologies.

If you could, use just the outline of the head of the image you have, reverse it so he is facing the "H", and cut it in like you have done with the state. This should look more like what I'm after. I want to be able to see the entire letter of your font which is where my request for a more circular "a" originated. If you have to round it a little more to fit the outline that's fine. Hope this makes sense. If not, let me know.

Appreciate your time and effort.

Rick
Old 02-09-2004, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I like version 2 the best of your submissions. Like the original tree form and the branching effect. Perhaps the tree canopy could be made more circular in shape and the overall design incorporated within an oval border.
Hi Rick,

What do you think of these three new options, good or bad .

Attached Images

Old 02-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Client

Ax,

Thanks for the revisions. V.5 would be the one we might want to experiment with a little later. We hope to narrow down our choices to two finalists by the end of this week so I won't ask you to make anymore revisions until we see if this concept emerges in our top two.

Please feel free to submit any other original ideas or concepts you may have.

Thanks for your efforts thus far.

Rick
Old 02-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Design Professional

Sorry, I'm bowing out of this contest as I feel that my "style" is not suited to the type of image you're looking for. Good luck to the other artists.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Design Outpost Flounder

Hey ya'
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Client

Mark,

Thanks for joining in. Good job on creating an original tree for us. Maybe you could encapsulate the design within an oval or curve shape if you have time.
Also, see my note at the end of this post as to where we are heading with the company name. Thanks for your efforts.

Rick

Raja,

Thanks for your recent concept. I like the way you hve hidden the "H" inside the foliage design. A design from your gallery which you created for Canopy Skirts appeals to me. Even though it's a nautical theme I like the over-all concept. Perhaps you could use that as an inspiration to create something along those lines which relates to our industry?
Also, see my note at the end of this post as to where we are heading with the company name. Thanks for your efforts.

To all designers:

We are pretty set on using the outline of the State of Illinois within the "d" of the company name. We would also like to incorporate the outline of Lincoln's profile within the "a". I'll leave it up to you as to what types of fonts lend themselves to this.

I am also wondering if a tree could be created using text. The quote I have in mind is "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien". Could this possibly be incorporated into the canopy of the tree form for example? Or used to shape the outline of the tree itself? More imporatantly, could it be done tastefully? This may be just a rum and coke inspired idea that will not work but I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks for all the great designs so far. We hope to have the contest narrowed down to two or three finalists by the end of the week.

Rick
Old 02-10-2004, 04:50 PM
It's about quality...

Hi Rick

This font seems to work a lot better with your logo. The weight of the text now seems easier on the eye. user posted image
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Graphic Designer

markbeaudry- beautiful design!

dbenton25@gmail.com
dbenton25 on Behance
Old 02-10-2004, 05:58 PM

Hi,

here come revisions as requested - "A" rounded, "D" widened, Lincoln incoporated.
Note I also have incorporated the Illinois map but not as part of the "D" as still have to figure out a way that would make the "D" not look crappy - so instead I have incorporated it with the "H" (bottom).

Thanks,

Frank
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Design Professional

Thanks David.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Client

Mark,

Thanks for participating. It really is a nice design by the way.

Rick

Eagle/Beatz,

Let me absorb your newest revisions a little while and I'll get back to you later this evening. Thanks for your efforts.

Rick
Old 02-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Client

Eagle,

What if you edited the Lincoln image so that we have just the head and facial features, chop him off at the neck so to speak. Would this fit into your original "a" font? I'm not real thrilled with the new font although the state outline seems to be proportioned a little better. Your thoughts appreciated.

Rick

Beatz,

I hadn't considered using the state outline with the "H". That is a possibility.
I think incorporating it within the "d" creates a more subtle effect. I'm not opposed to you switching fonts if necessary to achieve this as it is the overall shape of your design that appeals to me. Please don't think I'm criticizing your exisitng fonts. They look fine with your design and would have worked well if I hadn't gone off the deep end with this cryptic theme of mine.

If changing the color scheme helps you any feel free to do so. The Illini colors are just a suggestion at this point. Thanks for your efforts.

Rick
Old 02-11-2004, 01:20 PM
It's about quality...

Hi Rick

Here's your revisions...please let me know your thoughts. user posted image
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Client

Eagle,

Thanks for the revision. We're getting closer. On the Lincoln profile you are using could you try tracing the outside of the image to see if that creates a more elusive Abe? The dark coloring of the hair and beard are detracting from your "a" font which I would like to be able to see. You might even round off the image by connecting the chinline of the image to the back of the head allowing it to fit better in your "a" font.

Maybe by tracing the outline you can create a more cryptic Abe that would tie in better with the state in the letter "d". The over-all appearance of the "d" is what we are after with the "a".

Consider this contest your punishment for becoming a moderator!!!

Thanks for your hard work.

Rick
Old 02-11-2004, 04:12 PM
It's about quality...

user posted image lol!

Here's your revision! user posted image
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Client

Eagle,

That's more in line with what I had in mind with the text. I won't pester you anymore- for now!

As far as I know you and beatz are the only ones working on something for us but we'll give it a couple more days to see if anything else comes in before taking up anymore of your time.

P.S.- Something had been "bugging" me about your tree canopy from the first time I saw it. My brother and I were looking over your latest revision and it dawned us. You have inadvertently created a cryptic tree!!

Thanks for your efforts.

Rick

If anyone else is working on something we would love to see your ideas!!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Design Outpost Flounder

are you pretty much set on that abe head idea?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Client

Raja,

We like the idea; as long as it is done in a subtle fashion.
We often work in residential developments where there may be as many as six or seven different companies also working so we need something unique and memorable.

We are also open minded enough to consider other possibilities as well.
If you have a concept where you think this just won't work please submit it for our consideration. We'd love to see it.

Rick
Old 02-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Client

Anyone besides Eagle working on anything for us?
Old 02-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Client

Eagle,

Would it be possible to see your concept with some other graphic other than a tree?For comparision purposes. We are evenly split around here on whether we can live with the tree or not. Sorry we don't have anything particular in mind. Maybe you have something in your gallery to work off of for inspiration.

Based in the UK maybe you can think fieldstone, English garden, flowing water etc.
These are just random thoughts off the top of my head.
You can introduce another color or two if needed. I'm not worried about printing costs. Thanks.

Rick
Old 02-14-2004, 09:45 AM

Rick, thought I'd throw this one to you…I know it does not inherit the lincoln state concept, so this is more landscape-garden look that I was inspired with. Let me know if this approach is for you or not, I think it has a memorable, unique consideration.
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2004, 10:21 AM
It's about quality...

Maybe?...
Attached Images