Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Logos > Logo Project Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2004, 02:48 PM
0 calories

user posted image
Old 03-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Graphic Designer

Hi Jeremy,

Here's a quick try at your logo. There's some (hopefully) obvious symmetry built in. And the icon represents the transformation of disorder into order. If you like the direction I've taken here, let me know. I'll be happy to make any changes you'd like to see.

Thank you,

-Dave B)
Attached Images

dbenton25@gmail.com
dbenton25 on Behance
Old 03-06-2004, 04:23 PM
It's about quality...

Hi Jeremy

Attached Images

Old 03-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Design Outpost Flounder

variation
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Design Outpost Flounder

K.I.S.S
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Client

WOW! Got a flood of entries...interest is picking up nicely!

Dynagirl:

I'm sorry, but this one just doesn't appeal to me. I saw some of your work on the site though and I know you're creative as heck, so please don't give up! PLEASE!

To be specific, I like the work you did recently for Advanced Services (think thats it..the lawn care logo)...all of the designs you did there had a good look to them and good symbols included. I know this company is a bit tougher to do a symbol for, but maybe you could do something along those lines.

Dave:

Cool idea...I think you're the first person to do a symbol that has confusion changing into order, which is something we feel like we do as a company. I forgot about this until you drew that logo. I like that idea a lot. I also like the warm colors.

What I don't like is the faded words on either side of the name...makes the logo too long, I think. I also think I like the name all as one and not split with part on top and part on bottom.

Maybe you could put the name back together, and then do something along those lines with the symbol you chose. I like the symbol, but could you make it something less "flag" like? I'd like to see something a little more "digital" or "techy" if that makes sense...but keeping the same idea about one side having the disorder and the other order. The different colored blocks are great...maybe just a different shape to have them on. If this doesn't make sense, please let me know and I'll try to clear it up.

Eagle:

I like the idea of having the name in a shape as you have it, and it has some good contrast to it.

I'm not crazy about the symbol you have, but I like the idea of the location you have for it and having it in a different colored area. Also, I'd rather see the company name as one word instead of two. Maybe you could do something else to differentiate the two parts of the name and perhaps come up with a different symbol? I know it's not an easy one and the name doesn't give you much to work with.

Raja:

I'm not crazy about the revisions to the first design...but that's probably because I liked the first design so much. You have a front runner with that guy. I hesitate to tell you that because I want you to keep new ideas coming if you have them, but that first one you did is pretty darn good.

Did you see the earlier post I had for you about some changes to the dot positions and colors? You almost did it here, but if you'll check back there I left one suggestion that a parter of mine wanted to see - I would like to check that out if possible.

On the second one, it's not bad but I'd probably say that I'm not really into it. The font on it is too light for my taste and the symbol is a bit too simple. I know that's kind of what you were going for with that one, and I think you did it too well!
Old 03-06-2004, 08:03 PM

Raja, that's swanky
Old 03-06-2004, 10:04 PM

????????

user posted image

Jason
Old 03-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Designer

Thanx for the feedback Jeremy,

Here are a few ideas I worked out from your comments, I hopr you like it

Awaiting your feedback,

Hyp!
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Graphic Designer

Hi Jeremy,

Here's another concept that I think may work better for you. I wanted to bring together the concepts of symmetry and chaos to order. Since circles/spheres are inherently symmetrical, I think this design has a more cohesive composition.

If you like the idea, let me know and I'll be glad to bring it to completion for you.

Thank you,

-Dave B)
Attached Images

dbenton25@gmail.com
dbenton25 on Behance
Old 03-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Client

Blackspot:

I think I liked it better with the full circle of dots...sorry!

Hypnosis:

First, let me say this about the font - ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I love the font you used (nice and strong) and love the blend on the first and last letters of each part of the word. Too cool.

All of these looked really cool, but I think maybe we should focus more on the third one. I liked the top one, but I've seen a lot of companies that have a similar logo symbol and don't want to get lost in the crowd. The second one looks cool, but I'd like a symbol of some sort instead of just the straight up "I" and "S".

The third one looks cool, but exactly what is it? Obviously there's an I in there, but is it a pc power button? I like the overall look but would like to see a different symbol here...I'm not sure what though - sorry! Perhaps something that is related to technology, data transfer and management, or something along those lines. Or...you could work on this symbol and remove the "I"...not sure what to tell you to do with it though.

The fourth one doesn't appeal to me as much.

David:

I still like the idea of the blocks turning into a solid shape but...

Can you try a different shape with the movement of the different colored squares into the solid? Maybe a fiber optic cable, or something technical/digital like that where part of the cable at the beginning is in blocks and then it gets solid towards the end? That might not even be a good idea...just off the top of my head...but I don't like the circle as much.

Also, can you keep the name together (instead of half on top) and go with a more rounded font (not too rounded...something strong)?
Old 03-07-2004, 01:53 PM

jeremy,

just thought of this, working with the "I" and "s" let me know what you think...

Chris
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Client

Cbaker14:

This one is closer to what I'm looking for than your previous entries, but still not quite there yet. I like the colors you used, but the I and S just doesn't appeal to me in this fashion. Sorry!

Thanks

Jeremy
Old 03-07-2004, 06:19 PM

jeremy.

How about these versions with the "I" and "s"?

Chris
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Designer

OK, thanks for thr feedback jeremy,
I'll get back to you later tonight

hyp!
Old 03-08-2004, 07:02 AM

Lucky #13!?!?!?!?! :blink:
Hi again Jeremy. Still working on a few things for you. I have about 5 or so different concepts, but I don't think you'd like them.
On the same concept with the circles; I reversed the thickness of the text and the shading of the circles which seemed to balance it.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Client

Blackspot:

Your latest revision gave me an idea. It might not be a good one, but I figured I'd throw it out at you to see what you thought.

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME FOR THIS!

I just had an idea based on the text thickness that you reversed that might be cool if you were interested in trying it.

What if we changed the dots to arrows and kept the fade in them so that at the back (before the beginning of the name) they were light and got dark and more visible as they came around to meet the "S". Then, we could put some sort of symbol that would represent information before the name that would be where the arrows originated from (although you wouldn't see them contacting the object because of the fade). I don't know what the object/symbol could be (something that represents data?) but this might be cool.

Additionally, you might could have the arrows in the beginning sort of streak - in other words, have several smaller lines that merged into a larger line as the circle grew darker.

This is a lot of stuff to try and there's no guarantee that I'd even like it (since I haven't even seen it yet) so don't try it unless you just really want to. It's just something I thought about when I saw your latest revisions.

Thanks!

Jeremy
Old 03-08-2004, 07:22 AM

Hi Jeremy,
Quote:
What if we changed the dots to arrows
I was actually going to try that before I went into the circles. The reason I didn't is because I have a business card sitting right next to me that has arrows like that in a circle (but not forming a circle). I will try what you explained, you can expect it in a few hours.
Thanks.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:16 AM
speak with images

Hi.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 09:45 AM

I couldn't get the arrows to look good at all in the circle (if anyone else wants to run with the idea, feel free), but it did give me an idea (but with my luck you won't like it).
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 10:11 AM

...or an equal balance...
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Client

Arthouse:

I like this design...pretty clever idea with the I and S. Can you make either "info" or "symmetry" a different color or do something to bring out one of the words? I like a bit of contrast there.

As for other revisions, let me get some feedback on this one before I give you and more direction on it if that's ok...I'll post something later when I get some comments on it.

Blackspot:

Design #14 - sorry man, I just don't like that one.

Design #15 - let me get some feedback on this one...I think it needs something more (I bet you're sick of hearing me say that...so sorry!) but I'm not sure what yet. Let me get some folks to look at all of your latest designs and see. I'll post when I can about it.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:35 AM
speak with images

Absolutely. Let me know what variations you'd like to see.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Client

Arthouse:

I'm still going to get some feedback from others (so please check back later!), but could I see that last one you did (with the different colored fonts) with that symbol you did at the bottom (the one where the IS had it's own outline and not the square behind it? BUT - could you use another color besides black for the I (like maybe the light blue or something...btw, did you guess those colors or hit our URL...smart thinking!)? This change was something I was thinking about when I first saw it and I'd like to be able to show my partners both the original and the version with the IS outlined - if it's not a big deal to redo it real quick.

Thanks!

Jeremy
Old 03-08-2004, 11:12 AM
speak with images

Not a problem... here you are.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 11:46 AM

jeremy,

any feedback on my last post?

chris
Old 03-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Client

Cbaker14:

Hmm...my comments on that one didn't make it onto the server for some reason! I'm not sure what happened...sorry about that!

I'm sorry, but I'm not real crazy about this design either. I don't really like the shape of the I and S and the fuzzy feel that it has. I see what you're going for, but I don't think this style is what we're looking for.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 03-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Designer

hello Jeremy,

I tried different styles according to your comments and I know its hard to comment them. Anyway, here are a few trials... really hope you like them, comments please

hyp!
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Client

Hypnosis:

I'm sorry, but these symbols still aren't resonating with me.

BUT...I have an idea that I think would be cool...

I love the font you have and the way you have the letters blended together - it's so good that it's almost a contender by itself. What I did was do a mock-up graphic to show you one thought I had...maybe where I have the blue block you could put some small symbol, something related to data and data movement (maybe a bar graph, or something else along those lines that represents information and the movement of information) or just some small shape that shows motion and goes from disorder to order. The shape would not be any taller than the company name and would be just to the left of it. If we could get something symbolic in there, I think this would rock. The graphic I put beside the name is half as tall as the name, so we would need to make it taller, but not any taller than the tallest letters.

It would have to be no taller than the company name so that if you wanted to you could draw a straight line along the bottom and top and nothing would cross it. I'm not saying that we would do that, but the lines will be implied by the look of the name and the logo that fits alongside of it.

I hope this rambling makes sense...and hopefully the mock up I did will help make it clear. If not, please feel free to ask me. I think this could really work.

Thanks!

Jeremy
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2004, 02:43 PM

Here's some from MOZ
Look like anything you might want to move ahead on?
Attached Images