Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Logos > Logo Project Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Client

OK everyone ... I felt it was time to narrow it down a bit. These are NOT the "Top 3" ... just our "Current 3's". I cropped them down to save posting space for this message .. hope you don't mind. I just wanted to show the actual versions so that you would be clear on which ones we're talking about!

No need to make changes unless you just really want to, these are just comments for now.

Mom's current 3 and her comments. Mine to follow shortly, then followed by DH when he stops playing Joint Operations for the night.

#1 - Carol:
user posted image
"The 'bath and body' needs to be a bit bigger and maybe a shade darker. I *REALLY REALLY* like it!"

#2 - Paula (tied for 2nd with herself):
user posted image
"I like the position of the bees and the font of the wording, printingwise it would be too many colors, but....that can be adjusted...and I like the hearts for the wings."

and
user posted image
"I like the smaller size bees, the heart wings, like that they are flying...don't like the font. And it seems a bit 'unbalanced' from the position of the bees...can't pinpoint that though..."

#3 - Michael:
user posted image
"I like that it's simple, with an elegant touch, but that it also has a fun little bee. I like the little bee shape and flying trail. Don't like the monotone color but like the fonts."
Old 06-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Michael Bleigh

Here's an update to get rid of the "monochrome" appearance.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2004, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I will be happy to make revisions and post them tomorrow. Ideally, how many colors would you prefer the logo has?
Thanks,Paula
Old 06-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Client

And now for My current 4 (I couldn't say 3, and some are tied):
(Again, no need to make changes right now, unless you really want to. These are just comments for now.)

#1 - Chris:
user posted image
As mentioned before, I like just about everything about this one. I think we could work on colors, of which I did ask you for a sample of something with either gold or silver for the tub paws and neck/showerhead. I think silver would probably match the green and purple best. I know you're out of town right now, so no rush!

#2 - Michael (tied with Carol):
user posted image
And he sneaks it in there JUST before I post this message! I LOVE the new revisions. Especially the update curly q thingies (such a technical term, I know!) instead of the arrow! Looks much better with the extra spaces, and the color ... awesome!

user posted image
I like it much better withthe bolded "Bubble Bee" text, and I know I've already asked for one or two minor other things, so take your time. Keep up the great work!

#3 - Paula (tied with herself):
user posted image
I like the bubbles in the background and the hearts for wings! The wings are a small touch that I really enjoyed!!

user posted image
The font could be better or changed, but I like the overall Circular feel of this one!

#4 - Deanna:
user posted image
I like this one. I've already made a few comments on it, I'll just leave it as "I like it!" for now.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Client

QUOTE (Paula23 @ Jun 17 2004, 02:52 AM)
Thanks for the feedback. I will be happy to make revisions and post them tomorrow. Ideally, how many colors would you prefer the logo has?
Thanks,Paula [/b][/quote]
Paula,

At this stage, this is only a joint input. Mom and DH are very important to me, and I value their feedback. That's why I want to honestly post all of our opinions for you all.

As for colors, I am not sure yet. I do print my own stuff right now, but down the road I know I will need professional services, and with too many colors it will cost. So, here's where the professional feedback from all of you pros out there come in. You tell me ... what's the "reasonable" color amount for printable logos?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:18 AM
Michael Bleigh

Two is usually pretty standard for a logo (mine is in two colors...you can print with screens or whiter versions of the colors and still be considered only two colors).
Old 06-17-2004, 12:22 AM
speak with images

I thought I'd pop in.

If you're printing these on your own printer, the number of colors is really up to you. Once you start outsourcing is when you'll really need to monitor it.

The attached design is two color, and shown also in black and white.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2004, 12:23 AM
Client

And finally ... DH's current 3:

#1 - Michael:
user posted image
He likes the extra touches you've done!! He thinks it shows "simple elegance".

#2 - Chris:
user posted image
He loves the creative effort of incorporating the tub into it.

#3 - Paula:
user posted image
He says he likes both of these equally. He thinks they add a "crafty feel".

Ok ladies and gents ... those are the current comments for now. Again, no revisions are needed at this point, unless you insist on doing them. We just wanted to give you some feedback, from 3 different perspectives!
Old 06-17-2004, 12:25 AM
Client

QUOTE (mbleigh @ Jun 17 2004, 03:18 AM)
Two is usually pretty standard for a logo (mine is in two colors...you can print with screens or whiter versions of the colors and still be considered only two colors). [/b][/quote]
Thanks for that feedback hun! I needed someone to tell me that. Since you all are so knowledgable, and I will have a need for this kind of "soon" ... what's "photo ready artwork" ... specifically?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:28 AM
Client

QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 17 2004, 03:22 AM)
I thought I'd pop in.

If you're printing these on your own printer, the number of colors is really up to you. Once you start outsourcing is when you'll really need to monitor it.

The attached design is two color, and shown also in black and white. [/b][/quote]
Aaron ... WOW! :o Umm ... can't phrase it any better than that right now ... It's 3:26 am and well ... WOW! I'll give more specific feedback in the morning!

In your opinion, I'll try to get it from a few of you ... how many colors would you stay with for professional printing services? 1, 2, 3 ...?
Old 06-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Client

Good morning everyone! (Yes, noon is morning in my household!)

Ok ... now that I am rested. I want to make sure that everyone knows, the comments I posted last night are simply our "current" likes ... they are by NO means our "Top Picks". (We're not closing this from new submissions yet!) We would still like to see what is in store for us from all of you! The designers that haven't yet entered ... and those of you that have. Please keep up the great work!!

: Michael/Mbleigh, Piece of Mind, Bogglins, Deanna/Schnickerdoodle Studios, Chris/Buginajar, Jason, Carol/Taldo, RadicalSeed, Fabian, Paula and Aaron, thank you for your entries and I'm excited to see what else you might have in the works! :

All of you are so very talented that I can't even begin to imagine what would happen if we put all of you in the same room together as a colaberation. That would be one awesome sight to see!!!

Don't forget to have fun ... it's the most important rule in this contest!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Client

QUOTE (JenMar Web Services @ Jun 17 2004, 03:28 AM)
Quote:
Aaron ... WOW!* :o* Umm ... can't phrase it any better than that right now ... It's 3:26 am and well ... WOW!* * I'll give more specific feedback in the morning!
[/b][/quote]
Aaron,

Here are the comments I promised! I love it! The only thing I am not liking right now is the font. I am not particularly a fan of open-faced fonts. It looks great, and I could very well revert back to this one after I see it with a closed-faced font. But can you entertain me with a sample of another font? Also, can you make the bee just a tad larger or make the outlines of it a bit more boldish? Other than that .. it's awesome. I like the "curly q thingie" (I know, there's that 'technical terminology' again ... HA HA! ) instead of the "&"! Gives it a unique touch that's different. Keep it up hun!!
Old 06-17-2004, 10:31 AM
speak with images

Here's a slightly larger bee and a closed face font, similar to my original.

I'm glad you like it!
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Client

Aaron ... thanks so much for the speedy revision! I do think the overall effect of the design works much better with the first font style. Odd, as I typically hate open-faced fonts ... but what else is a girl to say besides "You did it!!"

Everything so far that I have seen, which contained things I would never have done or thought of, is so spectacular! I'm actually learning a lot about myself ... I don't know everything! Ha Ha!

The bee is much better now ... thanks bunches for that also!

Keep it up ya'll ... I like having my socks knocked off!
Old 06-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Client

Ok ya'll ... another round of the "nightly feedback"!

Disclaimer: This is mainly to Michael and Aaron, as they have submitted new ideas/revisions since we did our feedbacks last night. We will gladly post more feedback to others when any revisions or new ideas are posted!

I have also started asking some friends to look at the submissions for their opinions. As I get feedback from them, I will gladly post it if you would like me to do so.

My Feedback:
Aaron - I am very please with your submission! I am still shocked that I like the first, open-faced font better. You did a good one with that whole "knocking my socks off" thing! I also like the way your Bee is viewed from a side/flying position and the solid trail behind it. I am also very impressed with the "curly q thingy" in between "bath" and "body"!

Michael - Wow! The 2-color revision you have done has impressed me. I like the larger size of the bee too. And the flattened "curly q thingies" on each side of "bath" and "body". I like the fading of the color through the "Bubble Bee" text.

DH's Feedback:
Michael - As stated last night, he likes the simple elegance look and feel and is very pleased with the overall revisions you did!

Aaron - You're now tied in 1st on DH's list with Michael! He's not really sure what else to say.

Mom's Feedback:
Michael - I definitely like the multi-color revision! MUCH Better than the monochrome first version. The bath and body squigglies are also much better.

Aaron - Nice entry! I like your revision on the bee. The bee being one color and the trail being another color, but agree with Jen about the open font of the first version looking much nicer. I'd like to see some different variations of alternate "squigglies" between the words "bath" and "body".

Outside Feedback from a friend of mine who has been in the Advertising/Marketing business for nearly 30 years:
#1 - Aaron and Michael - Both are equally sleek, elegant and brandable.
#2 - Chris - This is slightly too busy, but overall very nice.
#3 - Carol - The colors and font are nice, but overall it's too retro and not eye appealing

Keep up the great work! I am so excited to see what's still in store for me!
Old 06-18-2004, 04:14 PM

Hi, I wanted to get the revisions for this particular logo posted. I know you said revisions weren't necessary but the type in the original logo was not right.
Thanks,Paula
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Client

WOW! :o Thank you Paula! I will put this up on my "survey" for my other friends and family to review! Out of all of your's so far, I think I like the top one of this best! Keep it up hun!!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:59 PM
loguru

Here is a new idea using the same bee only smaller...

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks,
Deanna
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Client

OK all ... The feedback from our first round of our marketing survey is starting to pour in! We're very proud of all of you because of the wonderful comments we've been getting from the survey so far! It's outstanding ... to say the least! So, here a few things we'd like to ask for, if you don't mind doing it for us.

Everyone - We're trying to keep the colors at 3-4. 3 would be better, but 4 is still ok.

Paula - Your most recent revision that you posted today. Take the top one, and if you can ... put the Bees in a view from the side vs. a top view. Don't change anything else!

Aaron - Could you please post Original design (open-faced font) with the larger bee size for us? Maybe even knock up the size a tad more compared to the second one? Keep the bee in green like it is in the second one also, please.

Michael - Could you also take your most recent revision and put the Bee into a side view vs. a top view please?

Deanna - Your most recent one that I posted in my "Current 3" list the other night. Keep it as is but lighten the dark purple just a tad (don't mess with the lighter purple) and also make Text parts a tad lighter in shade?

Carol - Take most recent revision, increase text size of "bath & body" or darken a tad? (As noted before, I am concerned about the visibility when the overall graphic is taken to a small size for printing on smaller product packaging.) Can you also see if you can make it from a side view? I know with the overall style of your's this may be harder to do, but if you give it a shot, it would help.

Fabian - Your's is fine just the way it is. Might help if it had a slight face or smile on it though.

Jason - Can you work on the suggestion I gave on page 3 for me please?

RadicalSeed - You're is great the way it is except for one small thing. Some people think the wings look more like turtle legs coming out the sides/underneath. Can you try to put them on top of the body to look more like wings? Please use the Teal/Purple from the lower right corner of your original submission for this. Thanks!

Piece of Mind - Unfortunately, your's hasn't gotten much feedback at all. I'd love to see if you can come up with something else maybe??

Bogglins - Your last revision with the purple ... Can you lighten it up and maybe add another color or two somehow?

Chris - How was your trip? (When you get back and read this. Ha Ha!) Can't wait to see what you have in store for me as I know you already mentioned you would work on a few things when you got back.

Ok .. I think that's it for now. Let me know if you have questions!

: Keep up the good work!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Client

Deanna ... you must have posted that while I was typing up my message. I will put this into my survey immediately! Thanks so much ... looks wonderful!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:23 PM
loguru

Here ya go. I thought I would try some different fonts as well.

(Now I'm thinking of Bubble Gum)

Thanks,
Deanna
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2004, 09:26 PM

changed to a thicker font...
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2004, 09:29 PM

I'm sorry... I thought I posted it (there goes that lack of sleep catching up to me again!!!!) :rip:
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Client

Thanks Ya'll!

Deanna, I like the 3rd one best. Good choice to play with fonts!

Carol, Thanks so much. Can re-align it to the right side for me? And see if hitting the "bold" button would workor not on that bottom row of text? (grin) It is much better now, even if the "bold button" doesn't work.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Client

Wow! :o You all are working QUICK tonight aren't ya?

Jason, can you take the legs off but leave the two little antennas? (Pwetty pweeze?)
Old 06-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Client

QUOTE (Jason @ Jun 19 2004, 12:29 AM)
I'm sorry... I thought I posted it (there goes that lack of sleep catching up to me again!!!!) :rip: [/b][/quote]
Umm ... well ... you're probably gonna get some sleep tonight right? Not me ... I have a show to pack for ... I never sleep the night before a show and if I do .. it's more like a 1 hour nap! It's hard going from DH's work schedule of waking up at 11-Noon, to waking up at 6 am for a day or two. (On weekends at that!) :blink:
Old 06-18-2004, 09:38 PM

Attached Images

Old 06-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Client

Yeah! The "bold button" did work. (I know, there's not a "button" for bolding in most graphic programs!) Thanks bunches hun!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:47 PM

revised...
Nope, no sleep for me... too much work to do!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Client

Ok ... gotta ask this ... the weekends must be the best time to ask people to do stuff because you have more time? You all are kicking some serious bee-butt (haha) on getting these revisions done!

Jason ... I got your newest revision up in the survey to replace the other one. Thanks for your speedy service!