Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Miscellaneous Projects > Miscellaneous Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Client

Due April 3rd : Eastern Dragon Illustration - $150

(Admin code added by Palmer - 33408824YG6905911)

I am looking to create a T-shirt made out to look like a rice bag or rice sack with an Eastern-style dragon design. I've included some pictures of similar shirts I am trying to emulate to give you a sense of the style I would like to see. There is potential for more than just this design after I choose a winner as I am looking into creating a number of different variations on this shirt.

I will need an original illustration of a dragon that will fit in the general area of the logos on the shirts above. You do NOT have to design the layout for the shirt. I am just looking for an illustration of a dragon.

Below are some pictures of the type of dragon I think I would like to see. It would have to be slightly less detailed, similar to the shirts above. The colors would need to be pretty basic as well. I haven't decided on how many colors I will end up using in the printing process, but obviously less would be idea from a cost standpoint. =)

Last edited by DavidSt : 02-27-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Entry Removed

Last edited by Carl : 02-26-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Client

Thanks for the submission Carl.

I think the design looks too much like a T-shirt print and not enough like an actual design for a rice bag. I'm not sure if its the way you treated the fonts, the dragon design, or both.

I'd like to see the dragon slightly larger in relation to the circle. The dragon size doesn't necessarily have to take up more space on the shirt, but I think it needs to be bigger in general...less white space around/inbetween it.

I'd prefer that you not use a public domain image, but rather create an original image.

It would be great if everyone could put their designs on a fabric/layout similar to the ricebag shirts I posted above. It would make it easier to visualize how the actual product will end up looking like. As you can see, the images are slightly washed/faded with some texture.

Thanks,

David
Old 02-25-2007, 11:00 PM

David,

I am not an illustrator, so I will defer to those who are, for this contest. But I appreciate the chance to show you a design.

I looked pretty hard to find these type of shirts and a fabric blank to put the design on and came up empty handed. If you have an image the designers could use to mock the shirt up, it would help them.

Thanks!
Carl...
Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Client

Carl,

Thanks for the submission and advice.

I would just take any T-shirt blank and apply a fabric texture over it. The type of fabric the shirt is made from is a variation of "muslin."

Thanks,

David
Old 02-26-2007, 08:24 AM

Project Update: This project is on [Hold], Client is making a decision on the Dragon. No new entries Please until the project is re-opened.Thank you
Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Project Update: This project is now open and the summary has been revisied PLEASE READ!

This project is for an illustration of an Eastern Dragon.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:52 AM

i'm in! i'll post asap!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 PM

just wanted to let you know i'm working on this and i will post asap! sorry for taking so long..
Old 03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Client

I am looking forward to seeing it, but am disappointed by the level of interest this contest has garnered. Is there anyone else out there going to submit something? Should I extend the deadline? I was hoping for a number of designs/designers to choose from, not just one.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 PM

hope this suits you!

Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Client

I'm sorry Titania, but this isn't what I was looking for at all. I was looking for something very similar to the sample dragon illustrations I posted in this thread. I need something with more detail, as well as color. Thank you for your hard work and your submission, but I really don't think we're even on the same wavelength.

Judging by the response this contest has gotten, I feel that this was probably not the best avenue to find an illustrator. Thank you to all those who dropped by to check my post out.

- David
Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM

i'm really, really sorry... if there's time i can work on it and add more details... maybe turn it down.... add colors to it... let me know...
Old 03-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Hi,
I´m working in an idea for you.... is too late?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Client

Nope, not too late. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 PM

let me know if you want to see some color in this... or if still doesn't suit you at all...
Old 03-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Hi David

Here is my dragon, let my know what do you think

Old 03-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Design Your Vision.

Hi David,
Sorry little bit late. Have to manually hand-drawn. This is our dragon.

Thanks
LutFi.

Last edited by LutFi : 08-26-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Client

Thank you for your submissions. I apologize for the long long lag between my messages. I appreciate the renewed interest in the contest and will speak to the moderator at possibly getting the deadline changed again.

Initially, after only getting one response to the contest, I figured I would probably need to look elsewhere for a design. However, I am encouraged by LutFi's design and would like to continue the contest for another week or so.

Titania,

Thank you for trying, but I just don't think the design is right. I really appreciate your hard work and effort. For an example of something closer to what I'm looking for, please see LutFi's example below.

imot,

Not exactly what I'm looking for. The dragon isn't as detailed as I would like. It seems like the body isn't quite right either...it looks like you just have a piece hanging out in the clouds without matching up to the actual body.

LutFi,

I like your design a lot, and actually is the main reason why I want to keep this thread going a little while longer. Can I see the design with the dragon being a different color than the red background?

Thanks,

David
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 AM

thanks for the feedback! if the deadline is extended i'll give it another shot based on your comments!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Project Update: The project deadline has been extended to April 3rd.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Design Your Vision.

Hi David,
Thank you for your feedback.

These are the revisions and suggestions.
A. Have same color body with version 1, but background using same from could color.
B. New suggestions, body is blue and orange and back ground is light green.
C. New suggestions, body is red and orange.
D. Black and white version.

Thanks.
LutFi.

Last edited by LutFi : 08-26-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Client

LutFi,

I actually like the red circle background. Could I see some different color variations on the dragon, but keeping the red background? Could you also put a border around the circle?

Also, could you add some "rice" related images to the dragon? See shirt examples above to get an idea of what I mean. Maybe just some small grain accents...?

The dragon illustration is very good, but I'd like to see the dragon's head/face a little more full...less pointy in his snout.

FYI, if all goes well, I imagine using the same designer for additional illustrations. I am really just looking for a person with the right style right now, so I'm not too concerned with getting the illustration "perfect" at this point. That can be done after I select the winner.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Design Your Vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSt
... but I'd like to see the dragon's head/face a little more full...less pointy in his snout.
Hi David,
I'm really sorry, I don't understand what you mean above.
1. Do you mean the head is more from the side/profile?
2. Or the head more frontal (more facing us)?

3. Is less pointy means smaller hole in its nose?
4. Or make the whole nose little bit lower?

----------

So far, we made, this is the illustrations.
We tried to use different color variations for the dragon: green, blue, brown.
Also add "rice" related plants.

In B / blue dragon, we tried to put rice in front. others in the back.

In this illustration, we also have make modification for the nose. The nose tip is smoother and lower. Hole in nose is also smaller.
Thanks
LutFi.

Last edited by LutFi : 08-26-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Client

LutFi,

The new versions look great. I would like the dragon's face (nose, mouth) to be a little wider. I think the snout/nose is a little too pointy right now. I don't think the face needs a drastic change...just a very minor adjustment making it to look a little more like the dragon sample illustrations above.

In general, I think your design is very close to what I'm looking for. The rice behind the circle looks perfect. Thank you for showing some new colors. I'll decide on what direction I want to go with the color later.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Client

LutFi,

New suggestion on the rice part of the illustration. I like the rice in front and moved down a little bit in version B. However, I think all the stems around the bottom of the circle is a little too busy. I would suggest you put that part behind the circle.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Design Your Vision.

Quote:
I would like the dragon's face (nose, mouth) to be a little wider. I think the snout/nose is a little too pointy right now.
New suggestion on the rice part of the illustration. I like the rice in front and moved down a little bit in version B. However, I think all the stems around the bottom of the circle is a little too busy. I would suggest you put that part behind the circle.

Thanks,

David

Hi David,
All this time, we have been trying to accomodate your suggestions,

All rice have been lower and stem around bottom are in back.

A. is original nose with a little too pointy and original mouth.
B. modification of the nose. Nose and mouth little wider.
C. Also modification nose. Nose and mouth little wider.

Thanks.
LutFi.

Last edited by LutFi : 08-26-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Client

LutFi,

I like version B the most. I would like to select you as the winner. Please contact me at david.stankunas@gmail.com and we will work out some of the final tweaks. I would also like to talk to you about doing more designs for me.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Design Your Vision.

Thank you David.
Let's finish this illustration project. Our illustrator have to rest this sunday. I'll contact your e-mail directly on monday.

Quote:
LutFi,

I like version B the most. I would like to select you as the winner. Please contact me at david.stankunas@gmail.com and we will work out some of the final tweaks. I would also like to talk to you about doing more designs for me.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-31-2007, 09:59 PM

Project Update:
This project is now in the Revisions Forum.
Please let us know once the project is completed.

Thanks