Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Logos > Logo Project Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Client

Thumbs down

(Admin code added by Palmer - 0669530)

Freelance Marketing Group (FMG) is a start-up business that will provide professional placement of short-term creative services to local businesses managing all project placement, contracts, invoicing, and timely delivery of services for both the artist and the hiring organization.

Our goal is to become a convenience service for both businesses and freelancers. For new businesses needing graphic designers, copywriters, artist, etc... we will use our industry knowledge and a collection of portfolios to recommend the best freelancer for them. From that point on FMG will manage the relationship and take care of all business transactions.

We have strong backgrounds working with freelancers and we've come to realize that most designers want someone to make the contacts for them, assign the projects, negotiate the payment, and just let them be creative and do their thing. FMG will do just that, putting their portfolio in front of businesses and selling their skills.

With strong marketing backgrounds, the owners can also provide marketing consulting solutions, design direction, and creative solutions.

What Are We Looking For?
Well, we think we're looking for a logo that says we're professional, but energetic and a solution provider. We're an organization owned by 2 females and want the logo to "in a word" capture our drive, integrity, and enthusiasm.

We were thinking a dark nutmeg (burn orange) as we like orange but don't want it to look like the traditional bright logo. We also really like a deep eggplant or purple. Maybe the two together is a thought. We are truly open to suggestions, and want our colors to communicate who we are as much as the logo.

We'd also like to incorporate FMG as well as the full name so that in the long term we have the option of people knowing us by either.

We'd love to hear all kinds of recommendations, answer questions that might better finetune the logo, and more than anything hear feedback from freelancers out there about our business model and what they think of it.

We'll keep the contest open as long as necessary, but would like to have a final decision by Sept 26.

Thanks for your help in advance - We love the designs we've seen out here!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:07 PM

Thumbs up

Hi, before anyone invests too much time in the design, what are the deliverables for a chosen logo? Cash? Product?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Client

I apologize , I thought that posted with our project. We are offering $85 for the logo winner. We would love any participants interested in using our services and would be willing to provide discounted services to the winner!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Design Outpost Founder

QUOTE (Nichefinders @ Sep 11 2003, 04:07 PM)
Hi, before anyone invests too much time in the design, what are the deliverables for a chosen logo? Cash? Product?

Thanks. [/b][/quote]
Nichefinders, please do not interfere with our contests. They are open to Design Team members only. Feel free to apply and wait to see if you are accepted...
http://www.designoutpost.com/apply.htm

Thank you
Old 09-12-2003, 01:07 AM

showing that you are in the creative field...
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Penny Lane Graphics

Here's an idea...

Bill...
Penny Lane Graphics
Attached Images

Penny Lane Graphics
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:34 AM
Client

Taldo - Really like that look, especially the font. Could we add some additional color to it or make it seem more energized? Something that will add some depth.

Pennyln - Don't like the FMG but the concept with the bolder look is cool. Would be interested in seeing some other ideas but not quite so abstract.

We really want the logo to pop out and drive the design of our website as well as be used for corporate collateral and space design.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:39 AM

deleted
Old 09-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Client

Okay, so maybe the colors aren't the right approach. Does anyone else have ideas? It can be 4-color if that would make it jump a little more. I think it needs to be brighter and have a lot more enthusiasm. We think the circles in the background might also make this too busy. But we love the idea of having shapes and movement.

The more different kind of concepts the better - then we can post which of those spark the most interest. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Design Outpost Flounder

wooohooooo yyippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy wheeeeeeeeeee upp uppp and awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Client

Thanks for the posting - that helps us out a bunch!

We've definitely decided we like our name in black with the color and graphic movement happening around it. One note - Its FMG not FGM

Other ideas than the triangle graphics? Not sure about that....

Would love to see concepts with other colors as well just to make sure our choices tell the right story.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Design Outpost Flounder

I'm notorious for my spelling prowess , sorry
Old 09-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Client

No problem

We checked out your gallery and you have some really great stuff. We like how you concept based on the business. Just to let you know a couple that we saw that jumped out at us...

We like the fonts in the Norah Jones and Leapman logos. Also searchclikz is cool. Any thoughts on taglines for our business (placing freelancers?) We love your "Creativity for Hire".
Old 09-12-2003, 02:10 PM

Actually, I kind of like the purple/gold color combo. I think it could be rather classy.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Client

Wow thanks for all the concepts! I like your designs but would be curious to see them with black letters and the color around. Also, we weren't really thinking gold but more an orange (like a pumpkin or nutmeg).

Also, we really like the fonts from the first FMG posting - or something more along those lines.

Thanks again - looking forward to seeing the next round!
Old 09-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Client

Ryan - Those are great. The middle one is definitely out though

The top one is great, can it have a little more jazz to it though, like the font a lot? Its professional but too conservative. The bottom one is great colors and concept, but would like fonts with a little more stature.

As we see more and more designs we finetune. Definitely want the feeling that are company is hip and trendy but professional in the logo. Also, any ideas on taglines...
Old 09-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Client

*FMG
Old 09-13-2003, 01:04 AM
0 calories

user posted image
Old 09-13-2003, 04:17 AM
It's about quality...

user posted image
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2003, 05:08 AM

Attached Images

Old 09-13-2003, 06:11 AM
Penny Lane Graphics

Here's some more...

Bill...
Penny Lane Graphics
Attached Images

Penny Lane Graphics
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:47 AM
Client

Wow - Thank you so much of all of you for your great work. Here's our thoughts:

Dynagirl - Like the concept, we don't really like the font you use for the FMG initials. Also, is there another graphic that works more with the words that would better represent our business. Not sure about what the star stands for.

Eagle - Really neat concept, also thanks a lot for the ideas for letterhead. Love the artistic bent, can the graphic and the name interact a little more. Our name looks a little detached.

Taldo - We think your first design was closer to the right direction. This one looks like a party supply store or event planning.

Pennyln - Huge difference from your first design...We like the bottom 2, really the bottom right one of the 2. Can the FMG be in a different font. Also, can you add some activity to it? It seems a little flat.

Coredesign & Raja - we're anxiously waiting to see your updates!

Thank you all so much for your hard work!

COLOR UPDATE: We're working on getting a web page summary up and we've discovered a color combo we really like. Its a reddish orange and perwinkle combo. Using illustrations for graphic design. Would love to see something along these lines. As soon as our site gets up i'll post a link.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Client

Red face

couple of logos from the gallery that we really liked:
1. Like colors and fonts http://www.designoutpost.com/gallery/data/...dia/28/mark.jpg

2. Love the way the colors pull everything together. Uses basic graphic but combines in a complete logo http://www.designoutpost.com/gallery/data/...dicts-Large.gif

3. Love the use of this font and graphics to communicate creativity. Also, great colors
http://www.designoutpost.com/gallery/data/...4/alfresco6.png

4. Love the use of the font and graphics to make this hip http://www.designoutpost.com/gallery/data/.../9/straight.png

COLOR UPDATE: We're working on our website and we really like the burnt orange/red with perwinkle combo. Perhaps using something like that and including illustrations as a guide. As soon as we get our front page up we'll post a link.
Hope this helps!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Client

Thumbs down

INCREASED CONTEST PRIZE to $100.

We'd like to add a tagline to our logo. We're checking out all of your work and we think that the message (describing our business) needs some help. We have two ideas:

Freelance Marketing Group: Creative Minds For Hire
or
Freelance Marketing Group: Creative Solutions For Hire

One other thing - We think that pulling out FMG may be confusing with all of this, so maybe we just stick to the name, or try to accentuate those letters?

We're open to ideas - Keep up the phenomenal work! :o
Old 09-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Design Outpost Founder

Designer's the prize amount has been raised to $100 for this contest.

Good luck
Old 09-13-2003, 11:27 AM
Design Outpost Flounder

QUOTE (FMG @ Sep 13 2003, 12:09 PM)
Creative Minds For Hire
or
Freelance Marketing Group: Creative Solutions For Hire

[/b][/quote]
those sound a little familiar

Just wondering, you will be supplying graphic designers to businesses, I would assume you have a network of them? if so, why is at that you are using DesignOutpost.com?...not that it's a bad thing, just overly curious

By the way, I'll have some revisions soon
Old 09-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Client

QUOTE (Raja @ Sep 13 2003, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (FMG @ Sep 13 2003, 12:09 PM)
Creative Minds For Hire
or
Freelance Marketing Group:  Creative Solutions For Hire

[/b][/quote]
those sound a little familiar

Just wondering, you will be supplying graphic designers to businesses, I would assume you have a network of them? if so, why is at that you are using DesignOutpost.com?...not that it's a bad thing, just overly curious

By the way, I'll have some revisions soon [/b][/quote]
Raja - Hope that's okay...we really liked the concept but tried to tweek it so it didn't sound like yours

You're right - we will ultimately place graphic designers. Part of why we decided to use DesignOutpost was to see the work of some designers outside of our area. We have several designers here already lined up for our business, but we were intriqued by this "contest" idea.

Ryan - Really cool designs, I especially like the 2nd one. Can you make the initials a little more clear. Also, I like the "right-brain" idea. Could we also see a couple with the taglines we thought of? One other mix - can you change up the colors to the red/orange and periwinkle combo....or even stick with the dark purple but change the green?

You guys are so very talented....wanted to increase the $ amount to payoff all of the hard work. We're hoping we can work with some of you long after this contest ends!!
Old 09-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Client

Don't apologize - we love the ideas

The color I'm thinking is really more red than orange, I'm sorry I don't have my pantone color chart here at home or i'd give you the actual # of what we're thinking.

The second one is still my favorite, but I still think the FMG is really difficult to read, Are their any othe fonts that make the "f" more prominant, also see if you can get the logo to not cut into the letter.

One other thought, i like the green as well that you've been using. Do you think if you added a darker red/orange with the purple and also added in the green it might pop a little more?

Sorry for all of the changes....you're probably getting sick of us!! The more we see the more we think of B)

Just curious - but what is your aspiration for these?
Old 09-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Client

i've attached a .gif that has the red/orange color we were thinking.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2003, 01:36 PM
0 calories

I'd already made these when I read the latest posts about dropping FMG and adding a tagline.

user posted image