Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Logos > Logo Project Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Client

Software company logo $350 due July 18th

Admin code added by Abby - 4A9474504G214515M

Hello,

I am involved with launching a new software company that we are calling Clear Village Software. We need a new company logo designed, and hope you can help.

The company provides an online workflow system that allows county, city and other regional local governments to automate their business processes and serve their constituents. For example you could submit a paperless application for a building permit for a new pool at your home or a new building complex to be built, and have it processed quickly and automatically by your local government zoning and planning boards. Some of the other functions of the software include road & water works (planning for growth), school zoning and planning, public access to government records, online viewing of properties (think Google Earth with details), etc.

I want the logo to infer some/all of the following - serving the needs of citizens, intelligence, a close village of people, and quick access to public information. I realize it may be too much to include all of these aspects, but I wanted to give a feel for what the mission of the company is.

Our company colors are still up in the air, so please submit your designs with several color schemes (no pastels, please!).

Please let me know what questions you may have!

Wickette
Old 07-13-2007, 12:17 PM

To attract more attention to your project please copy and paste these questions http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7819 into a message here in your project and then answer them. This will help the Design Team better serve your project and the more information you provide the more sucessful your project can be. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you
Old 07-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Make It Pretty! :)

One of the great graphic designers said that making a good logo is to show more by drawing less. I truly agree with him.
My proposal shows how long and complicated could be the "standard" way of the business process from the start to the end (CVS initials outline) and how quick and easy it is with Clear Village Software as a contrast (red arrow).
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Client

More info on Clear Village logo

Hello,

Here are some more guidelines for the logo we are looking for:

What text should be included in the main part of the logo?
I would prefer that the logo not have any text, but have an option with the name of the company (Clear Village Software) below the logo. I like simple shapes that infer something bigger (so maybe some rectangles/squares to infer buildings or houses, a circle that can represent seeing things clearly, etc.).

What type of product or service do you offer?

Software that automates the needs of local, county and city governments so they can better serve the needs of their constituents

How long have you been in business?

Just getting started, but the software has been under development for over 2 years

What do you hope to accomplish with your new identity?

A new way of doing public sector business and serving the needs of citizens. In the past, the business of government has been slow to adopt technology and paper-based. This is changing due to financial pressures on local governments, and we want to give them a way to serve constituents more efficiently, online and with tools that match online services in other markets.

When is the deadline for final entries before choosing a designer?
I had hoped July 18th. But I am willing to extend to get the right design. I will be out of pocket from July 19th - July 26th so will not be able to provide feedback during these dates

Audience Profile:
Please describe your existing audience

IT decision makers within local governments, city and county commissioners, mayors, legislators, land developers, environmentalists that want data on land usage & development projects

Perception/Tone/Guidelines:
What type of logo would you like?

Usage of simple shapes that are combined to infer clarity, a local community, sharing of resources.

Do you have any colors in mind for your logo? (if so, why?)

I like deep reds, blues and greens, but am open. We need a logo that is easy to convert to shirt embroidery, if possible

Do you have any specific images or icons in mind that you would definitely like to see incorporated into your logo?
Village-like sense of community, easy online access to information, people working together to improve their town

Communication Strategy:
What attributes would you like your logo to reflect about your business?

Village, clarity (via easy access to public data), people working together to improve their town

What is the overall message you are trying to convey to your target audience?
That we are a new way for local governments to conduct there business - online, paperless, realtime data access, automated business processes.

Where will your new logo be used?

Website, collateral, and within the product (login screen, etc.)

Competitive Positioning:
Who are your competitors and what do you think about their logos?

- Municipal Software
-
List competitive URLs if possible
www.municipalsoftware.com

What sets you apart from your competitors?

Clear understanding of how government business processes work, ability to quickly integrate/combine data from alot of different sources to help make intelligent decisions

Targeted Message:
State a single-minded word or phrase that will appropriately describe your company:

Intelligent, available information to assist citizens and government managers in making smart decisions in managing growth, environments, education and other public services
Old 07-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Client

Pracus,

I agree that simple logos are best. I worked for a company that had an Owl as part of its name, and the logo was a simple large circle with an open-ended triangle underneath the circle. The layout of the shapes inferred an owl with only two simple shapes. This logo allowed us to use the circle and triangle in all of our collateral as icons, bullets etc. I am hoping to get something comparable to that logo for Clear Village.

The logo you submitted is a great start, but not what I think the company needs. In particular, I would prefer a shape or picture-based logo instead of our initials as the foundation. My apologies for not making this clear with my initial description. Having said that, I would like the option of having the company name incorporated (probably underneath the graphic).

Thanks,

Wickette
Old 07-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Designer

Attached Images

Old 07-14-2007, 12:09 PM

greetings!
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Attached Images

Old 07-14-2007, 12:11 PM

Attached Images

Old 07-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Client

All of these designs are great - thanks to you both for the submissions. My two favorites are the one from Eziey and the scribble line version from Doug.

Doug - can I see the squiggly one with a stronger color replacing the pale blue? A version with a deeper, richer blue and also one with a rich red, if you don't mind.

I also like your design with the bldg and home, but would like to see these shapes in a less cartoonish style (a more contemporary/modern look is what we are after). Can you polish up these shapes and resubmit?

Enziey - also please submit with richer colors, although I do like the combo you provided.

I have a few folks on my team also looking over your submissions. I will provide further feedback once I hear back from them.

Thanks to you both!

Wickette
Old 07-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Client

Doug,

One more think on your submission with the bldgs. The circles look like question marks. Can you maybe clean those up so they look more like a tree?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Designer

Attached Images

Old 07-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Graphic Designer

version 1
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2007, 05:43 AM
Client

Eziey,

I really like to color scheme you used on the top version of your logo (orange, red, blue, green).

Fabian - I like some of the other submissions better so far. Thanks so much for the logo concept though! I hope you will consider providing something a little different - I have always liked your work on this forum.

I am waiting on some feedback from some other folks, so stay tuned.

Best,

Wickette
Old 07-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Graphic Designer

Thank you very much for your kind words.I'll be back tomorrow with a new design.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Graphic Designer

Cvs

Hi,

I used your "lens on the city" concept. I hope you like it. Please let me know if you'd like to see any revisions at all.

Thank you,

Dave
Attached Images

dbenton25@gmail.com
dbenton25 on Behance
Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 AM

*edit*

Last edited by Virgil : 07-17-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Graphic Designer

version 2
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Graphic Designer

Cvs

Hi,

Here's a second design for you. The shapes represent the security in the gathering of people. Please let me know if you like the direction. I'll be glad to make any changes you'd like to see.
Attached Images

dbenton25@gmail.com
dbenton25 on Behance
Old 07-15-2007, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback—here are color revisions you requested…
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2007, 05:53 PM

And some tweaks on the building/home shapes…
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 AM

*edit*

Last edited by Virgil : 07-17-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Designer

Attached Images

Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 AM

Attached Images

Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Premium Designer

Hi! Here's my entry. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Client

Hello,

I am sorry I have been out of touch for the last day or so - was on a plane traveling. I have received feedback from my team, and we have selected a winner. Doug's Version 2 logo is the winner, but we need to look at some color and minor design changes before we wrap up.

Thanks to all of you for your fantastic work. There were lots of great choices, and the decision was hard for us.

Doug - We would like to see the logo in some different color combinations. Can you provide versions with a deeper blue (PMS blue 072 maybe?) and a burnt orange (PMS orange 021) replacing the pale blue that you have? Look at design 1a on Eziey's Version 1 submission above for the color combination I like the best.

Thanks again to everyone!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 AM

Thank you for choosing the design!
Just to clarify–is the message #8 version 02 the chosen logo?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Client

Yes - that is the one.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:53 AM

Here are the PMS color revisions per your request…
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Client

Doug,

On the version that has the gold 1/2 circle on the bottom: Can you change just the bottom (not the house) to a deep rich blue color (maybe with a little more deep purple hue than the blue you used in the one right above it)?

Thanks!