Admin code added by Abby - 6YT90062XV840533W , 2WG83259N1374014K
We require a logo for our product called “Gaia”. It is a suite of software “controls” that can be used by .NET web developers. See www.ajaxwidgets.com
for more information about the product range. The logo does not need to match this site, as it will soon be re-skinned. The successful designer may be offered to quote on that project too if they are interested.
What text should be included in the main part of the logo?
Gaia (and optionally
a tag line)
What type of product or service do you offer?
An AJAX User Interface Control Suite for ASP.NET Software Developers
How long have you been in business?
What do you hope to accomplish with your new identity?
- To give a smart and professional public face to our product range.
- For potential customers and partners to take us seriously.
What are your long term goals?
To have the most popular Open Source AJAX control suite. To have the best selling commercial .NET AJAX control suite.
When is the deadline for final entries before choosing a designer?
21th September 2007
Please describe your existing audience
- Microsoft .NET Software Developers.
- Mono .NET Developers.
- User Experience Designers.
- IT Managers.
What type of logo would you like?
We’re looking for something that is quickly recognizable, even when shown in format, and which works well in print and web.
We produce commercial software, and Open Source software, and want to appeal to buyers of both.
We think that the Gaia logo should possibly be related to the concepts of
- getting a lot done in little time
- Environmentally friendly
- the world (earth)
- Gaia (see Wikipedia)
- not too “stiff” and rigid
Do you have any colors in mind for your logo? (if so, why?)
Do you have any specific images or icons in mind that you would definitely like to see incorporated into your logo?
The word “Gaia” has strong connections with the symbol of the planet earth, so this could be an inspiration.
What attributes would you like your logo to reflect about your business?
- Easy to use
- Well constructed
- Fun to work with
- Allows for quick development
- That we help customers product write *maintainable* software.
What is your tagline or slogan?
(we have a few)
- Create. Deploy. Enjoy!
- Code Less, Create More!
- ASP.NET + Gaia = Fun
- AJAX + Coding Fun = Gaia
- The fun comes free
- What learning curve?
- Less risk. Less code. More done. More fun
- This product contains 0% risk
What is the overall message you are trying to convey to your target audience?
Our customers won’t struggle when they use our Gaia. They can focus on creating new features in their software, rather than jumping through hoops trying to make the technology work.
Where will your new logo be used?
Everywhere where we present the product publicly. Web site, PDF product sheets, newsletters, advertising banners etc.
Who are your competitors and what do you think about their logos?
- Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX. Image is a bit dull and lacks imagination.
- ext. We like their logo. Simple, elegant, a touch nerdy.
- not too keen.
What sets you apart from your competitors?
- Technically our product is “better”. It’s faster to work with, and requires less effort.
- We're supporting the Open Source community too, and our products work with Linux/Mono unlike most competitors
- We feel strongly about business ethics.
- We are a small company and can move and adapt very quickly.
- We are agile.
State a single-minded word or phrase that will appropriately describe your company: