-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Private Client

[PC] Due Feb. 29th - Postcard - $200

Admin code added by Abby - 9V9994110Y449005S (additional $100 7VG91683FK079780B)

Hello!

We are looking for a fresh take on our postcard invitations.

We need a postcard that is inviting people age 67-72 to a presentation about their IRA's.

Specs:
We need this in press quality pdf. If you can also deliver inDesign files, that would be great, but not necessary.

6in X 9in. Full bleed. 1/4 in margin. Full cmyk color.

FORMAT: The best way to know the FORMAT (not the style) is to look at our current cards. They are online at seminarsforless (dot) com, click on "invitations". There you will see many different styles, but they all carry the same format. Please abide by the format and create a new style.

FORMAT DETAILS: On the front (the side with the address) we need to make sure we have:
1. "Are you between the ages 68-72? You are invited to attend a complimentary lunch or dinner presentation titled 'Understanding Required Minimum Distributions on Your IRA"
2. (enter this placeholder info) "at Location1, location address1, date1, time1, Location2, location address2, date2, time2
3. A small postage indicia with this info: PRESORTED FIRST CLASS US POSTAGE PAID PERMIT NO. 389 MAILED FROM 33713
4. A white space for the address in the bottom right measuring 2in high and 4in wide.

On the non-address side:
Main draw: 1."Are you between the ages 68-72?" You are invited to attend a complimentary lunch or dinner presentation titled 'Understanding Required Minimum Distributions on Your IRA"
block text 2. "You are at or near the age that is required by the IRS to withdraw a certain amount of money from your IRA each year ("Required Minimum Distribution" or "RMD). If you do not withdraw the proper amount by the specified deadline, you could face a 50% penalty from the IRS on the withdrawal amount, plus normal taxation. This means your IRA distribution monies could be reduced up to 60-85%.
block text 3. "John Smith, of John Smith and Associates, a local financial services firm, has prepared a presentation to simplify this complex topic. At this presentation you will learn the following:
bullet points 4.
• How to know when and how much you should distribute from your IRA to avoid penalties.
• What impact your IRA distribution may have on the taxes on your Social Security, and the planning techniques the IRS allows to help you avoid any additional taxation on your Social Security
• Is your IRA distribution eligible for conversion into a qualified plan that may lessen the damage from taxes?

block text 5. As our guest, you will receive lunch or dinner on us, plus a complimentary booklet "Understanding Required Minimum Distributions." We will work to ensure that you leave this presentation with your questions answered, and a written guide to help you remember the information.

headline 6. Please RSVP to reserve your seat, as seating is limited to the first callers. RSVP by phone at (big text) 1-800-909-9894 or online at www.ReserveNowOnline.com/johndoe

somewhere in a good place on the card: John Smith and Associates provides this presentation as a way to educate the public on complex financial topics, as well as to give you a simple, no-pressure way to meet us and learn about the financial, insurance, and planning services we provide. There is no cost or obligation for attending. We look forward to meeting you!

Style: The only thing we would like to see if a clean, professional, FINANCIAL look. See sites like bloomberg, merril lynch, and banking sites for examples.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If we are pleased with the results, we will also add about 6 more similar projects for completion. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 PM

Hi,

Here's one from me... Do you think we can lose some of the text on the back side?

Thanks,
Vic
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Private Client

Great first entry! Very financial looking with the blue tones! I like it a lot!

Here's some initial feedback:

The indicia can be much smaller. only needs to be about 3/4 in square.

You can also add the line "It's time to learn about RMD's on your IRA" under the seminar title on each side.

We also need to use images of younger couples, think early-mid fifties.

Also make sure the copy is large enough for older people to read it.

I'd love to remove some copy, but we really need all those items in there. We can move some text around to better use space if you like, or if you'd like to rewrite to condense text, you can.

The "as our guest" line should be after the bullet points. You can put it before or after the phone number block text.

Looking very good! I am very excited about this entry, and look forward to revisions and new ideas!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 PM

hi

Hi, I would like to enter but I think I will need the weekend if that is okay with you? Let me know thanks.

Shima
Old 02-27-2008, 12:20 PM

Hi, Please see attached version 1. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 PM

Hello. Here is my entry. Thanks,
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Private Client

Let's move the line "it's time to learn..." to directly follow the heading "...68-72".

Feedback to come soon... looking great!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Private Client

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shima View Post
Hi, I would like to enter but I think I will need the weekend if that is okay with you? Let me know thanks.

Shima
Sorry, we need to have all entries in by Friday so we can make a decision over the weekend. I know it's short notice, but we'll be running other similar contests soon. Check back for them, we'd love to see your work!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 PM

I will try to get it in by Friday and will update you thursday if it is not possible!

Thanks,
Shima
Old 02-27-2008, 06:57 PM

Hi, here's one from me. Feedback welcome!

Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by sarah0811 : 02-27-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Private Client

Feedback! Is everyone ready?

Post #2: Very good! Please see my feedback in post #3. I'd Love to see some updates!

Post #5, please see my feedback in post #7

Post #6 - Looking good! Not really feeling the brown, tan color. Plus, we need to break up the text more. I know its a lot of text, but we need to do something to make it more readable and less like one big paragraph.

Post #10 - pretty much the ame feelings as post #6. Also, would like to see a different look for the front (address side) It looks too much like what we've been doing for so long.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Here are my revisions
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 PM

Another option for the back
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2008, 03:21 PM

Hi, Please see revised attached. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2008, 12:45 AM

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. Here's a totally different take on things.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by sarah0811 : 02-29-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM

Hi,

Here are the revisions you requested.... I swapped out the picture on the one side, and can do something similar on the other side but wanted to make sure this is more what your looking for?

Thanks,
Vic
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Private Client

Ok, sorry for the delay, I had an emergency I had to cover for the extended weekend.

We've decided to go with post #14. Nutscreative, I do have one change. I need younger people pictured. Maybe looking over paperwork like taxes and such. The on the back maybe some 50 something age people grouped in a room listening to a presentation. If we can get these changes made we'll have a winner.

However, I really like post #16 and may have a use for it sometime in the future. Can I give martellostudio $100 for the files as a "second prize?" Does anyone know if this is possible?

If so, martello, I would need the line "It's time to learn about rmd's..." moved to directly under the line "are you between the ages ..." and then a younger couple on the back like you have on the front.

Is there someone who can answer these questions?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:47 AM

Hi,

Yes.. Contact Abby and she will give you direction on how to do this.

Thanks,
Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyYouKnow1 View Post
However, I really like post #16 and may have a use for it sometime in the future. Can I give martellostudio $100 for the files as a "second prize?" Does anyone know if this is possible?

If so, martello, I would need the line "It's time to learn about rmd's..." moved to directly under the line "are you between the ages ..." and then a younger couple on the back like you have on the front.

Is there someone who can answer these questions?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:45 AM

[quote=However, I really like post #16 and may have a use for it sometime in the future. Can I give martellostudio $100 for the files as a "second prize?" Does anyone know if this is possible?
[/QUOTE]

Yes you can make an additional deposit for Martellostudio, this like will help you with that http://www.designoutpost.com/content/view/7/25/ Please let me know if you have any further questions. Take care
Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 AM

Hi,

Here are the changes you requested for the second place design.

Let me know...

Thanks,
Vic
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2008, 02:25 PM

Hi, Thanks for your interest in my design. Please see revised attached.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Another option with different images. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Private Client

nutscreative: Let's go with option 2 front and back. I think we're done!

martellowstudios: Your revisions are perfect. I have added $100 to the contest designated for you.

Thanks everyone for participating in this contest! I have another, larger print project I will be submitting today with a larger prize. I would love for everyone to join in, I saw some great talent here!

I'll look for the files for the winning designs today, thanks again!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:27 AM

The additional $100 has been added.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM

Last edited by nutscreative : 03-06-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Congratulations to both of you! I look forward to your larger project maybe I can join in on it this time!.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyYouKnow1 View Post
nutscreative: Let's go with option 2 front and back. I think we're done!

martellowstudios: Your revisions are perfect. I have added $100 to the contest designated for you.

Thanks everyone for participating in this contest! I have another, larger print project I will be submitting today with a larger prize. I would love for everyone to join in, I saw some great talent here!

I'll look for the files for the winning designs today, thanks again!
Hi NobodyYouKnow1, May i know what location, address, date and time i should apply on the cover layout cos currently we are using location 1, date 1, time 1 etc. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM

Hi,

I have sent you a private message that contains link to download files..

http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/private.php

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Vic
Old 03-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Hi, Please see below link for high resolution pdf file. I am not quite sure if you need to place any address, date & time etc on front. For now i will give you the print ready output file, let me know if you need to place any info. Thanks.

http://www.nutscreative.com/irainvit...ationfinal.zip
Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Private Client

I was hoping to get the original files? Can I do that? indesign would be great, or quark if necessary. Photos also.

Thanks.