(Admin code added by Palmer - 3NB6860669024544F)
1a) Name of Company
Bar Harbor Supper Club
1b)Company Tag Line or slogan:
1c) Do you have a company logo?
You can pull it off the current website: http://barharborsupperclub.com
1d) Do you have a corporate visual identity (a customized (non stock) logo and color scheme carried out throughout your office, stationery, business cards, etc.)? The color scheme is yet to be determined. Designers should use their creative license. What exists on the current website (http://barharborsupperclub.com
), they don't care for since it's dark, foreboding, and not welcoming. Perhaps something lighter and brighter, more exciting and clean.
Most importantly they want something simple and easy to navigate. We will be adding additional functionality including ecommerce for their store, gift certificates, etc.
Key Aspects of the Website
1. The website can be functionally and graphically very similar to: http://thepalm.com
2. This is a lakeside restaurant on a famous recreational lake in Minnesota (Gull Lake).
3. The HOME page should have the same navigation, both horizontal and vertical nav and flyouts as seen at thepalm.com.
***Designers need only submit a home page if they like. Finalists may be asked to create and show a sub page, as well.
What is the nature of your business? Briefly describe your products or services:
Bar Harbor is a lakeside restaurant that offers white linen interior dining, barside dining and outdoor deck casual dining, as well.
Who is your target market? The primary focus is to attract tourists and travelers visiting the famous Brainerd Lakes area of north central Minnesota. This is a moderately to high priced establishment.
Most Wanted Response:
1. Stop in - so directions navigation should be readily visible anywhere on the site
2. Call for Reservations or Information
3. Buy Gift Cards
4. Join Loyalty Program
***We want the new site to be compact vertically such that the entire site can appear "above the fold", if possible. This is very important.***
Do you have an existing website? If so, what is the URL?
IMPORTANT: Please list at least 3 URLs (web addresses) of high quality sites that you like the look of (these do not have to be sites who’s business is similar to yours. It aids us in determining what your design style is.) Please consider layout, colors, navigation, graphics, and typography.
- The owners are pretty much sold on this design and functionality. So what I'm looking for are various renditions off that website. You may be able to pull some photos off the current site, but most of them are amateurish.
5) What colors or color schemes would you like?
The colors are up to the designer. I do like the color combinations of the http://www.thepalm.com/
, but please experiment with earth tones, water tones and even more avant garde type approaches.
6) List the Navigation links for your Site: You can use the same nav as thepalms to start, substitute Loyalty for the 837 Club.
Social Media: Facebook, Pinterest & YouTube.
Footer Nav: ă2014 Bar Harbor Supper Club - Home | Site Map | Contact | Reservations | 218-963-2568
7) What type of look are you trying to achieve?
We're looking for a classy higher end type look and feel. Clean bright and simple to navigate.
8) Please provide the addresses of competitors' sites, if possible: The following are competitors for dining, although they are full service resorts and not dining/drinking only like Bar Harbor.
9) Do you have any images for use in the design of your site?
Pull anything off the existing site you want.
Deadlines and Deliverables
1) What is the deadline for your template design? August 15, 2014
2) Will you require HTML coding? (Yes/No)
I just need the Home Page and a Sub Page template in PSD.
3) Attention Designers: Please let me know early on if your going to submit!