Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Old 01-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Client

(Admin code added by 2Square - L435032M)

Hello everyone! I hope I am posting this in the right area and following protocol.

My company is called Key West Blinds Shutters and Closets. I am looking for a clean simple logo with two to three colors. The logo I have in mind will reflect the tropical feel of Key West, FL to all the home owners here in the midwest.

The company will provide custom closets and window treatments to home owners at a reasonable price. We will provide a mobile store (shop at home) so the customer can shop in their home to match their interiors and color scheme. The mobile aspect does not have to be incorporated into the design but would be interesting to see your perspectives.

One of the major attractions at Key West is the sunset over the ocean, this seems like a good starting point for a logo but ANY and ALL designs will be taken for consideration. The logo will hold the name of the company in the design, at the bottom, side or top. Also this logo will be used for bus. cards, letterhead, website, advertising and company shirts. I am not familiar with files which the logo will be used hopefully you designers can help me out with that.

This Logo has to appeal to the lady of the house since she will be making the majority of decisions on our company products.

I would like to see the company name like this

KEY WEST
Blinds Shutters Closets

The contest will end on Feb 3

I really enjoy the competitive nature and impressive designs on this website.

Good luck to All

The winning design will be awarded $90.00
Old 01-21-2004, 02:09 AM
0 calories

user posted image
Old 01-21-2004, 07:13 AM
Premium Designer

Hello...KeyWest? What an awesome Place!
Here is my concept...just let me know of any revisions you would like to make.

thanks,
Matt
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2004, 03:14 PM
It's about quality...

Hi! B)
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Client

Exclamation

Thanks to the designers who have replied to my contest so quickly. I know there are other great minds out there who have not had time to respond.

Dynagirl- Is that a drape blowing in the wind? I like the initial design but would like to see a slight variation on the design...........I am not sure how to describe it but just a little more tropical.

Mowling- The window reminds me of looking out of a ship's window, just not the right feel for a home.

Eagle- Just not getting a tropical feel with the design.

The design does not have to have a wndow/blind in the logo but should give a cold/frozen midwest house wife a warm, friendly, inviting, relaxing and tropical feel to choose my company to brighten up their house.
If you could tie the window/blind into the design-Great, but not a priority.

I saw a design for a landscape Co. out of the northwest on here before that showed a sun setting on the ocean with the company name below it, that is something I am looking in a design. If I can find that design (it won the contest) I will reference it for all to see what kind of image I am looking for.

If it helps grab a corona, magarita and play some Jimmy Bufffet in the background- I know it couldnt hurt ...well only the next mornng..lol

Thanks,
Key West
Old 01-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Design Outpost Founder

QUOTE (KeyWest @ Jan 21 2004, 11:35 PM)
If it helps grab a corona, magarita and play some Jimmy Bufffet in the background- I know it couldnt hurt ...well only the next mornng..lol
[/b][/quote]
I'll do that and I'm not even in the contest!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Client

The design by J-design posted on the winner's archives for Tropical Land (August 03) is an image I feel is clean, simple and warm. A design with those qualities is something I am looking for.

Sorry but I am new to computers and do not know how to cut and paste yet so you will have to do a search for the image. Actually knowing the term "cut and paste" is a big accomplishment for me.......lol.

As you may have noticed, my posts will be late night, so if I don't reply during the day you will see my response late night or very early morning.

Thanks,
Key West
Old 01-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Design Outpost Founder

Here's a link...
http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/?showt...topic=1161&st=0
Old 01-21-2004, 11:38 PM
0 calories

QUOTE (KeyWest @ Jan 21 2004, 11:35 PM)
Is that a drape blowing in the wind? I like the initial design but would like to see a slight variation on the design...........I am not sure how to describe it but just a little more tropical. [/b][/quote]
Let me know if you like this version any better. I've altered the color scheme, simplified the curtain and added a palm tree.

user posted image
Old 01-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Client

Talking

Hey Palmer, Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!

Designers, the link shows what kind of design I am interested in. Again if you can incorporate a window/blind into the design great but not neccessary since the company also does closets.

A tropical, warm, friendly and simple elegance is the direction the company wants to potray with the logo.

Good Luck,
Key West
Old 01-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Client

DisturbReality,
Your design is very close to what we are looking for but can you put a sun in the left side and slide the palm trees to the right a little bit, also put the letters and line frame in a tropical/navy blue?

Dynagirl,
Can you change you design so it is not too cartoon looking?

Still like what I am seeing, just would like to see more designers get involved,
I know there are other contests.

Stay warm,
Key West B)
Old 01-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Client

Talking

Dynagirl----the design style you used on independent learning is the style of the logo I am looking for, its not as cartoony ( does that make sense?)

Key West B)
Old 01-23-2004, 01:31 PM
0 calories

I did this before seeing your last comment there, but this is sort of in line with that.

user posted image
Old 01-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Client

Dynagirl--That is much closer to what am looking for in a logo. Can You put the bottom words the full width across the bottom of the sun, a wee bit taller and thicker and in blue. Can you also show the bottom words in a green?

Thanks,
Key West B)
Old 01-23-2004, 10:42 PM
0 calories

Here you go...

user posted image

user posted image
Old 01-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Client

Dynagirl-------you are doing a Fantastic job, can you extend the sun a little lower on the bottom and insert top of waves in white on the bottom of the sun (just a hint of a surf)? like this ^ ^ ^ but rolling and softer?
And can you soften (?) the sun a little with a white faded into it a little?
Oh, one more, can you make the blue the color of the dark blue in your first design?
Keep up the good work!

Attn: this contest is starting to be taken over by Dynagirl, anyone else want a shot?

Key West B)
Old 01-24-2004, 01:40 AM
0 calories

We're kind of getting uncomfortably close to J-Design's logo from that other contest. Let me get some opinions on this one before I make any more revisions.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:58 AM
Client

Dynagirl---I see what you mean, how about on the sun just extend the bottom a little lower and cut out the bottom of it so it looks like ^^^^^^ waves (using the white background). Just like the palm leaves.

Also on the bottom lettering, can you show what it would look like with all red, all blue and all the same color of the sun?

Key West B)
Old 01-24-2004, 04:15 AM

EDITED : Accidently I created a logo for Keywest Landscapes instead for your company - somehow I came across that old contest and probably thought it was yours and new and got confused lol

Anyway expect an entry from me soon
Old 01-24-2004, 04:29 AM

EDITED: See my post above
Old 01-24-2004, 05:33 AM

Ok,

here now are my first submissions; with and without sign shape, with and without shadows, b&w

Of course anything like colors etc can be changed to your liking - let me know

Thanks,

Frank
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2004, 08:08 AM

Playing with colors....
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2004, 03:17 PM
"Different is Good"

Here's the Caribbean Look again....Really makes you want to go on that Island cruise!!! Can you hear the steel drums.....
-Anthony
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2004, 03:35 PM

And here's the *cough* again..
Old 01-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Client

DynaGirl-------Waiting to see the waves cut into the bottom of the sun, your in the lead!!

MuteDesign------Put the words "Blinds,Shutters,Closets" in larger letters across the bottom.

Beatz-----------If I opened a bar that sign would be great for the entrance, this is for housewives to pick my company.....I like the concept but think what would a lady of the household choose for a company.

Think Jimmy Buffett but with a simple and elegant design.....does that make sense...NO........but thats what I need

Keep plugging away and the designs are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Key West B)
Old 01-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Design Outpost Founder

This is one of those contests where everything is starting to look similar. I think it has to do with having a sun and palm trees. I mean how many colors can you make the sun or trees?

It's very difficult for me or anybody to make any kind of ruling as far as one design looking similar to another. Let's just everybody do their best to keep theirs as un-similar to everyone elses if that's even possible
Old 01-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Client

Palmer, you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking for something that shows tropical, simple, elagance and unique.

Dynagirl is going the right direction, but I would like to see different perspectives.

There is NO SET IDEA how the logo should look, if you throw a beach scene, window view or even an icon for the company, I want to see ALL aspects of the great minds on this forum. If there was a specific design I wanted I could have gone to a single designer site but I want to see EVERYONE'S perspective on a design.

Blow me away like a hurricane!!!!!!!!!!!

Something different , but what a Housewife would find interesting......Ladies you are two steps ahead of the guys! Gentlemen, something that would make your wives or girlfriends take notice.

KeyWest B)

This might help......."stepped on a pop top top, blew out my flip flop.....All of these tourist covered in oil'......Jimmy Buffett .........If you are cold right now-something that will make you feel warm and relaxed...thats what I need.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Client

I just thought if the words " Key West" were used as the logo that would also work.
It doesn't have to be a beach scene

Key West B)
Old 01-25-2004, 12:01 AM
0 calories

Sorry I haven't posted a revision yet. I'm still trying to come up with a way to do what you asked while staying at least somewhat original. I'll have another submission soon, though!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Client

DynaGirl--------------just cut waves into the bottom of the sun using the white background like the palm leaves......does that help?