Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Logos > Logo Project Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Client

(Admin code added by Palmer - 14261244)

Hello. I was very excited to find this site with such wonderful designers. I wish I had time to read more of the past forums—it is great entertainment, even if I wasn’t shopping around for a logo….

But I am. I opened an online store for my own line of children’s clothes in November. http://www.gogoosego.com

A friend did a logo for me just to get me started, which I’ve used on the tags which I sew into the clothes. (Logo attached)

I do like the logo. It is a little old-fashioned, yet kind of hip, which is something I’m going for. I like the goose a lot. Yet the logo lacks dimension, color and something.... Also, I can’t use it on my website—it looks horrible. (Wrong format? Not vector?) I have used the goose. I guess my preference would be to have something similar, yet oh so much better! (I do, after all have 1000 clothing tags!)

(3/18--OK--I maybe I'm limiting your creativity by asking you to edit an existing design. By all means, I am very open to brand new designs!)

I like the colors I’ve used on my site, but I’m open to other options and can easily change the website.

I am coming out with a summer line of clothes soon and want to have the new logo in place. The new line includes some retro Western wear (sort of rockabilly), as well as some ‘70s inspired dresses and shirts. My targeted search terms are “hip baby clothes and retro baby/toddler clothes” if that helps at all.

I need to have something I can use on my website, as well as hang tags on the clothes, invoices and brochures.

I am hoping that the winner of this contest can also help me in the near future with a full corporate identity package, as well as brochure designs.

Thanks so much and please let me know what questions you have.

Kristin

PS--I would like a layered file at the end, as well as web-ready and print-ready files.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2004, 02:39 PM

Hello!
I really love geese, so I'm definetely in the contest!
Will post my entry soon!
Old 03-16-2004, 02:36 PM
speak with images

I don't know how much I love geese , but how about we just spruce up your existing elements?
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Client

I appreciate the text--it has that depth that I really like. I would like the background yellow to be the softer yellow on my website--more butter than mustard.

The goose doesn't seem playful or young enough to me for a clothing line for babies.

Thanks so much for getting things rolling!
Old 03-16-2004, 05:39 PM
speak with images

No problem... I can soften it up.
thanks,

a.h.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:26 PM
speak with images

Step one... playful geese always have a hat... and shoes...
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Client

That's actually very cute. I like the booties too! Still, I had a friend look at it and her first impression is what mine was before the hat---Looks more like a goose you'd see in a sporting logo. Like I said, I'm charmed by the hat though...Maybe a different goose would look better in that hat.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:26 PM
speak with images

I think the wings were what was making it look like it came out of a hunting magazine. What do you think of this?
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Client

Thumbs down

Looking to encourage competition here. Please know that I am very open to designs that are nothing like my original!
Old 03-18-2004, 07:36 PM

This is just a fast sketch, but what about a momma goose either chased by her goslings or having them hollerin' all around her? Since your site has children's clothes, thought it might resonate a little with the mommas ordering online. Let me know if the idea catches your imagination and I'll put something together.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Client

Beth,

Thank you for your proposal. I am pretty sure I want to stay away from any "mother goose" themes. It is just too overdone. I also have a hard time imagining how such a complex image would translate well on very small hang tags or even business cards.

Thanks,

Kristin
Old 03-19-2004, 06:17 AM

My design for the logo. I have tried to capture a retro-feel in this design:
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2004, 02:53 PM

hello . . .

I've made a goose which is simply (almost childishly) drawn. she has a bonnet on (going for that mother goose look).

I created this digitally, but was thinking of drawing the goose by hand and using that--in the hopes that the logo would look as playfully, and happilly childish as the kids wearing the clothes.

the good thing about this version (as I see it) is that it uses that hip "vector illustration" technique (like in the recent starbucks ads (etc.)). although, certainly it could be made a little less simple, if you'd like--it is almost too flat looking . . .

I wonder what you think of this idea:

thank you
-carlos
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2004, 05:58 PM

Hi,

here are some suggestions; feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Client

Arthouse,

Thank you for the new goose, but it still looks a little odd to me. Maybe it is the feet. Booties don't work on this goose. If you don't have a different goose, let's go back to the first one, but could you try it with a different font and different arrangement of the elements? I still like it, but it's missing something.

Chocolate,

I don't know why, but this is not quite what I had in mind. Maybe it is too many colors? Also, the goose doesn't seem "young" enough, if that makes any sense. It strikes me as being mythological for some reason.

Carlos,

I mentioned to Beth that I'm trying to stay away from the "mother goose" thing. It is just too overdone. I wish I knew more about the vector illustration thing you were talking about--I might be able to give better feedback. Maybe if it had more depth. I also think a sassier font would help a lot.

Frank,

Thank you for all the variations. I really like them alot. The only one I don't really care for is 1c. I really need some time to look at them a little more and think about it. Maybe I can request some variations tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone!
Old 03-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Client

Frank,

After several more good looks, I definitely like 1d the best. I'd like to see it with the goose from the first two which has the black outline around it.

One thing I've been thinking is how well this will work in all the horizontal media I need it for--banners, stationary, labels, business cards. Although I do like the current positioning of the letters in 1d, I think the total image is too vertical. Can you try to arrange the elements so it is longer--maybe 2 to 1?

I also like the yellow in the first two, so I'd love to see that in this design as well.

Thanks so much!

Kristin
Old 03-20-2004, 04:18 PM

here is my entry

feedback will be appreciated.

thanks
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2004, 06:55 PM

here's another try--more detail on the goose and a different layout.

my thought on the powder blue is that it could be used for boys merchandise and a pink one for the girls.

any thoughts?
-carlos
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2004, 08:16 PM

Kristin,

Here is my go at your logo.

I took the direct route and somewhat recreated your goose into vector art and incorporated it into my submission.

There are two outline styles shown here, the first has the goose falling out of the rectangle and the second contains the goose within the outline.

Let me know what you think.

Carl...

P.S. I used a lot of colors, but I can knock it down for print or you can always print CMYK 4-color process.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2004, 08:29 PM

Attached Images

Old 03-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Flashbrite Studios

Hello Kristin

Here is my attempt. I just want to know if you like the goose, and gosling idea. If you do, then I'll kick up the font, and incorporate it in three different designs.

Thanks for looking

- Cindy
Old 03-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Penny Lane Graphics

HONK! Here's my entry...
Attached Images

Penny Lane Graphics
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Client

Wow! I step away for awhile on the weekend and I'm amazed when I come back! Thanks so much to everyone who has submitted!

DesignGeneral, I like the entry with the circle behind it best. I'm not crazy about the font or that dull color, but I think the goose is cute. In general, it's just not "speaking to me."

Carlos, I like this one better, but I think the goose lacks playfulness. Like a previous entry, it strikes me a being more of a hunting or sporting logo than child-related.

Carl, I was so happy to see this little goose that I have actually become quite attached to! I like this. I like the first one better. I don't know what it's missing, though....Maybe a bit more contrast, such as a bolder black on the goose. Or, maybe you can try the main text in the purple to see if the words pop a bit more. It looks good in black and white.

Cindy, I really love the style you've used to create these little geese. It doesn't, however, look like a logo to me and I have a hard time seeing how I'd use it in all the different media (brochures, banners, tags,etc.) If the geese were all on a background of somekind and the font was better, I think it could be really cute.

Bill, I love what you've done with the little goose! I really like the colors and style. I like the top one better. I'd like to see a couple of things:
  • A finer line black line around the goose.
  • The goose without the shadow.
  • A different font. I like the the first one because it is retro and playful, but I like the second because it is nice and bold.
  • My URL incorporated--www.GoGooseGo.com
Thanks so much, everyone! I know you all have to prioritize your time, so I'd say that right now it is down to Frank and Bill, although Cindy, Carl, and Arthouse are still in the running.

Kristin
Old 03-21-2004, 01:36 PM

Hi Kristin,

what about this?
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Penny Lane Graphics

oops...

Penny Lane Graphics
Old 03-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Penny Lane Graphics

Revised...
Attached Images

Penny Lane Graphics
Old 03-21-2004, 02:33 PM

another color scheme
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2004, 02:56 PM

Kristin,

Here are modifications to make everything jump a little more. I also tried to come up with a more playful font treatement, which you see in version 2 on this page.

Carl...
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2004, 08:19 AM
speak with images

2-color version
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2004, 08:20 AM
speak with images

with no "accessories"
Attached Images