Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Logos > Logo Project Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Client

Wink Logo for kids program (there's a party in this thread!) - $125

(Admin code added by Palmer - F1669804)

How's it going you swell outposters? Thanks for stopping into my thread. I've seen just about everyone's work here. I'm ready to see the smoof logo ideas you can crank out. Let's get rockin'!

Here's the deal. Got a weekly kids program (from birth to 5th grade) that we're really trying to give a super happy fun look to. It's a childcare type of thing where we have three different age groups (see below), but one overall theme. We want everyone (and I mean everyone) to look at this logo and think insane amounts of fun and adventure!

Name of overall program: Neema Land
Name of age groups:
Tembos (birth to 2 yrs.), Twigas (3-5 yrs.), Simbas (elementary ages) - These are animal names in another language (elephants, giraffes, & lions respectively)
Contest Ends: August 9, 2004
How many Washingtons? 125 big ones, baby. Yahoo!

Here's what we're looking for:
This is an African theme, so I'm sure that already helps. We know that this has been used before, so we need something that stands apart. I'd like to see ideas from all over the board, but we would really like to see the three animals somehow incorporated in the logo. I'll see what you guys come up with first and then maybe give you a certain route to try. I never like to put creative minds in too many boundaries.

This logo will be used on signs, letterhead, brochures, web, permanent children's tatoos (just kidding)...geez, I guess just about anything we can stick it on!

If you have any questions please post them and I’ll reply as soon as possible. I will check back a couple of times a day and provide as much feedback as I possibly can. I know you guys and gals like da feedback.

Thanks for using your talent in this contest and good luck! Any fighting and I'll have to put you in time out.

All copyrights must be transferred if your design is chosen. However, you may use the logo in your portfolio if you wish.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Client

Good morning folks! (at least in the US)

I would love to hear from anyone who is working on something or planning to enter this contest. I'm starting to maybe think that I smell or something. I will reapply deodarant right now.

Thanks and have a great day!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:30 AM

Hi,

Welcome to DO. I'm working on a concept for you, and I am sure that many other designers will post their entries soon. It just takes time to create something that looks good.

Alexander.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Client

Howdy Alexander!

Thanks for entering. I'll be excited to see your ideas.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:56 AM

Hellooo Adventurous one...will get something to you soon
Old 07-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Client

Welcome to the party Double T!

Rock on, my friend.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:28 PM

Greetings, well i may as well start the ball rolling. Attached is the first of 3 possible conceptual ways I'm thinking. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Client

Sorry for the wait on getting you feedback, teetee. Tuesdays are my "crazy morning" days.

Wow, thanks so much for your first idea. You are obviously very good at what you do.

Although it's fun, I'm not sure that this is what I'm looking for. This is going to sound crazy for kids, but I would like something a little more "edgy" (could I be any more vague? ) In getting input from others involved in the program, we would like to see more of a creative spin on incorporating the animals. I also think we could use something with a little more of an African touch. Don't think that the logo has to appeal to just kiddies, we would like adults to say "that is a sweet logo!" (maybe even more so). I didn't give a whole lot of details to start off, so I hope you're not discouraged. I would encourage you to go for "risky" ideas, because I think that's where the best ones reside.

Please feel free to tell me that this makes no sense whatsoever and you think I'm a total nutcase (you might be right)

Thanks again and I hope to see another idea from you!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:26 PM

I'll be submitting some designs in the next day or so.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:41 AM

Hello, this is the second of my 3 ideas. Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by teetee : 07-28-2004 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:58 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the invitation.I will try to post an entry in few days.

Best,
Old 07-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Client

Tee, you are a design producing machine! Thanks once again! You are working hard and it is greatly appreciated!

OK, I have to say that this design is definitely pointed more in the direction that we want to go, but still not there. Let me give you more specific feedback:

Like:
-This logo went more artsy...thanks for acting on your previous feedback
-The incorporation of the trees...nice! I think I like yours because they resemble the tree found here (seems very African to me): http://www.krugerpark.co.za/africa_baobab.html If you decide to continue to use trees, could you even make them look more like the trees in the site? I would probably say we can't be too crazy detailed (tons of little branches) for printing purposes...what do you think?
-The style of the lion (very cool) over the other two animals (see why below)
-The font better than your first logo....less "kiddy"

Don't like:
-The elephant isn't bad, but it just doesn't seem to fit.
-The giraffe is interesting, but I don't want to traumatize the kids by seeing a headless giraffe... ....nice try.
-I would say that the style of the three animals needs to be the same overall. Don't think I like the multiple looks...
-I'm also thinking that I would maybe like to see a design from you where the name is incorporated more into the picture (rather than separate). Can you make that happen?

Well, hopefully this all came off as constructive. I'm still ready for more of your ideas if you are willing!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Client

Question

Hmmmm...I've got a couple examples of some stuff that I like, but I'm worried about getting y'all stuck in a designing "rut". I don't want to supress the creative genius of you guys and gals, but rather channel it. I would like to hear some feedback on whether I should give these examples now or wait until a little later in the contest.

Also:
Are there more of you who are at least interested in participating in this contest?

I think this could be quite a gun-slingin' showdown if more of the designers out there can take the heat (yeah, that's trash talk to reel you in) COME GET SOME!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:01 AM

LOL...Hi there again, realleee appreciate the feedback, as I was finishing off this idea your feedback was very helpful. Well below is another....there will be one more ADDITION....POST THE STYLES YOU LIKE OF COURSE!! LOL

Last edited by teetee : 07-28-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:04 AM

I think it would be a great advantage to see some samples of what you are looking for. That way the designers have a direction to work with.I think you will get faster results if you do so.Artists will always use their creative juices, this way we all will have an idea of how to deliver said juices.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:06 AM

Very nice Teetee!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:08 AM

Thanks Paula
Old 07-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Client

WHOA TEETS!

That entry just knocked me out of my chair! I didn't even see that one coming! This is by far the best idea you've had. Congratulations on raising the bar to where I hoped it would be for this contest. The other designers better be ready when they step in here! Great work!

OK, now for the feedback:

I would encourage you to continue to run along this type of path. Are you planning on submitting a 4th entry (did I understand your last post right)? I just want you to know that I think your out of control with your multitude of designs, but I love it. I'll take whatever you can throw out.

Possible revisions:
-to simplify, can I see it without the front trees (behind the name)?
-other people won't see this, but I think of the Godfather when I see that font. Can I see more "fun African safari" and less "your kids are in the mob" with the font?
-what are the chances that we could do spots all the way up the giraffe's neck (like the body)? Not sure if it will fly...but thought it might look nice (can leave the head the same).

This is all I got right now. All I can say is WOW!
Old 07-28-2004, 02:14 PM

Thanks oh Adventurous one

Hi there thanks for the grrrrrrr8 feedback....must admit this is enjoyable. Will complete my final alternative soon but here are the revsions of the latest with font possibilities. Let me know your views

Last edited by teetee : 07-28-2004 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Client

Hey T....don't think your logos got attached to your last post...
Old 07-28-2004, 04:55 PM

NEW POST COMING UP...
Old 07-28-2004, 05:27 PM

New post
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2004, 07:11 PM

Here's one from me. I'll have more tomorrow.
Thanks,Paula
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2004, 08:03 PM

another alternative...
let me know what you think,
thanks and enjoy,
amanda
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2004, 03:01 AM

lion's position changed slightly
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2004, 07:01 AM
Client

OK, first da feedback for teetee-

Since you've got a logo with a revision, I'll try to do an "all in one" post.

Overall Good:
-Love the font! Looks great. I think it's the best of the four you gave.
-Your giraffe looks awesome! That concept of him leaning over is way cool.
-I actually like the green trees that you put in, can I see the logo in black & white to see how it will print? (this will decide whether they stay or go)
-The lion from the first set is really good too (style)-can I see that guy with a tan body (to match his face)?

Could be better:
-The elephant doesn't seem to fit well with the other two. Don't know if this is a placement thing or a style thing. Any suggestions?

You're darn swell!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Client

Next is Paula! Great to have your ideas in here! Thanks!

OK, gal. Here ya go:

Ole!:
-Colors choices are great! Very African-looking! Nice job.
-Borders on the sides are sweet. Love 'em!
-Your font rules! You are certainly in the ballpark.
-Love the layout...looks like a fun safari poster. Great idea!

Hmmm...:
-Can we see this in black & white for printing purposes?
-The arrangement of the animals is perfect (don't change), but I would maybe like to see a different style of animals for comparision purposes. Not sure if these guys work or not.

This design is a really great entry. Thanks a ton for all your great work! You're tops!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:25 AM

Thanks fore the feedback! I'll post revisions later.
Paula
Old 07-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Client

Next up: Amanda! Thanks for partying with us.

This is nice work and very good quality, but (don't you hate that word?) I don't think it will work for us. Here's why:

This logo would work great for our really young kids (babies), but we're trying to cover a broad range. I'm afraid this would be too "babyish" for the older kids and they wouldn't be into it. Also, I think the older boys would think the colors are too "girly" (And we all know that girls have kooties at that age!) Thanks for your entry and I hope that you'll try again!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:52 AM

Here we go with grayscale and alternative Font
Attached Images