Custom Logos, Web Design Templates and Business Cards

-Domain Outpost
-Template Outpost
-Element Outpost
-Jobs Outpost
-Recipe Outpost

Go Back   Design Outpost > Design Projects > Templates > Template Archives
Register Help Members List New Projects Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2005, 08:55 PM
C# ASP.NET Web Programmer

$325 for ------- MEXICAN RESTAURANT -------- Template Design

(Admin code added by Michael - 46F23970HD4695350)
Deadline - I need a template ASAP. I'll keep this open till I get some entries so no specific date but urgent.

My client wants a long awaited website. They anticipate a great site that does not look "corporate" and has to be "fun" and "artistic". Now they didn't give me specifics on "fun" and "artistic"...they are sort of in a rush but I did email them some sample sites to try to get a feel for how extreme they're talking. In any case, I'm still gonna post this project since I have to have a completed website by the first week of September. It's just the graphics I need to get looking great before I proceed on.

PROJECT INFO
--------------

Company Details

1a) Name of Company
El Balazo

1b)Company Tag Line or slogan:
None

1c) Do you have a company logo?
No, I can provide some psd files that I had to create myself sine they have not provided badly needed graphic files yet....they are sort of busy right now and I can't really get good time with them on that yet.

1d) Do you have a corporate visual identity (a customized (non stock) logo and color scheme carried out throughout your office, stationery, business cards, etc.)?
No, just the psd files I will attach in this project

1e) What is the nature of your business?: Briefly describe your products or services:
Authentic Mexican Restaurant. Main focus is on their catering service and locations (8 locations in the Bay area) and they of course each site is a mexican eat in / take out restaurant. They want to ensure that Gregorio is encorporated well. Gregorio is the mexican legend and I attached a pic of this guy.

1f) Who is your target market? Who are you hoping to reach with your site?
Other businesses who need catering. Also reaching all audiences, not just mexican but the site should give an authentic mexcian feel completely.

Website Details

1b) Do you have an existing website? If so, what is the URL?
No

2b) IMPORTANT: Please list at least 3 URLs (web addresses) of high quality sites that you like the look of (these do not have to be sites who’s business is similar to yours. It aids us in determining what your design style is.) Please consider layout, colors, navigation, graphics, and typography.

3b) What colors or color schemes would you like?
It is open. I have created a couple of templates (attached : example1 and example2) but they haven't provided feedback on if they like these down and dirty rough draft examples yet.

4b) List the Navigation links for your Site:

History
Menu
Catering
Locations
Gift Shop
Contact us

5b) What type of look are you trying to achieve? (e.g. clean, high-tech, conservative, warm, flashy, etc.)
Good question, basically because I cannot get feedback in a timely manor, it is sort of up to me to provide whatever. I am hoping to receive some more feedback but right now, they just want a website period, and ensure it is very fun/entertaning and artistic and exciting/creative. I dont want to see the typical template that looks like a corporate business...however at the same time, it should be functional and very user friendly in that it can't be confusing to the user and the user can find stuff simply and quickly on the site.

For example, they looked at my website (www.webfound.com). They want something that is a lot more busy and has "fun" and "exciting" encorporated into theirs somehow. I love my site however it is geared toward more of a formal corporate look, not a restaurant so you can get a feel of what they're trying to say for their needs based on this example.

I will be taking a bunch of pictures inside and outside their restaurant (several locations actually). Idealy I'd like the site to reflect their style. So if you plan on joining the project but want to wait for these images, please tell me so I know who will join at least. I will have those images in here by tomorrow night after I take a trip to go get them taken myself.

6b) Please provide the addresses of competitors' sites, if possible:
Just look up any Mexican restaurant on google..no specific competitors provided by El Balazo

7b) Do you have any images for use in the design of your site? If not, do you have images, can you offer suggestions of what you type of imagery you feel would be most suitable for your website:
Just ones I had to end up creating either based off of Word docs they gave me or my own photography...some from their restaurant. I expect more later on but I can't wait to get a template from design outpost as stated so I'm moving forward from here. As soon as I can gather more from them (I requested these Monday) then I'll include them in here and maybe we can encorporate after the fact if needed.

Deadlines and Deliverables

1c) What is the deadline for the design of your project?
I must have a template from 3 or more designers ASAP, my client is waiting for a look whenever you can provide one. It is essential that I get this by the end of the week so I can meet my deadline for coding the site as well as a shopping cart in a month's time. I need them to review templates created so I can get them stuck on one so I can move forward. I do not feel my examples are good enough so I'm coming to you for your creativity and ideas on some new templates. Hopefully this will be a fun one for you as it was me when I was trying out some ideas of my own.

2c) What is required breakdown of the files you require our designers to supply you with on finalization of your project?

Initial Template with all psd files
A sub-page example to go with the main page that I can use
Both the template and sub page coded in HTML (tables). If you do not know HTML but can produce an excellent graphic designed template, this is fine but I am hoping to have an HTML version if you can manage just to save me time.

Are there any other comments/specific ideas we should keep in mind while designing your project?

Just be sure to encorporate Gregorio somehow. If you can m ake him sipping tequila...and also wearing a t-shirt since I'd like to show that on the shopping cart page, that would be outstanding...but just a suggestion.

Images that must be applied:

The El Balazo Logo
Gregorio Guy

All other images I attached below are optional (you don't have to use them if you don't want; they do give you a good feel for the restaurant as well) and are from them or pictures I took inside their flagship location (of art on the walls, tables, etc.)...feel free to be unique and not even use these if you don't want to, they're just there in case. Idealy I'd like the site to reflect their style which is the art in their locations and stuff so if you can go ahead.

So if you plan on joining the project but want to wait for these images, please tell me so I know who will join at least. I will have those images in here by tomorrow night after I take a trip to go get them taken myself.

Again, example1.jpg and example2.jpg are ones I created and sent to them that they are currently reviewing to decide if they like them or not. I feel they aren't good enough so I'm also going to present them with your creations so they can hopefully get an even better graphic designed template moving forward.

I will have many more pics coming of their restaurant inside and out by tomorrow night (late)
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: psd example2_base_all_merged2.psd (523.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: psd gregorio_transparent.psd (95.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: psd taquera_el_balazo.psd (147.1 KB, 87 views)
File Type: psd sun_brightened.psd (279.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: psd gregorio_transparent.psd (95.1 KB, 99 views)
File Type: psd example2_base_all_merged2.psd (523.2 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by dba123 : 08-16-2005 at 08:25 PM. Reason: title change
Old 08-14-2005, 09:39 PM

any takers?
Old 08-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Make It Pretty! :)

I'll try it maybe tomorrow
Old 08-15-2005, 05:36 AM

That's great, I look forward to seeing your work.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:26 PM

Pracus, any updates? Everyone else out there, any more takers? My client is waiting so time is very critical to me.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Client

Hello,

I tried something for it. That would be the main page and then we can do a subpage straight to have more information on it. If the client wants the main to be vetical aswell I can change it for you, no problem.

Imad
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2005, 09:31 PM

You know, the more I think about it now, I may not want to use that awning at all...I don't think the pic I provided looks very good...unless I can see it in a template that really makes it look much better.

I do like the colors you have picked out though (red and yellow). Can you try something completely different?
Old 08-17-2005, 08:52 AM

IDarwish, any new templates?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Make It Pretty! :)

Hi! I have to ask you for another day - I just had more work with other project that I thought.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:35 AM

no problem, that's great...look forward to it and anyone else for that matter!
Old 08-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Always fresh ideas!

Hello,
Will post my version during the hour.

Thanks,
Aliska
Old 08-17-2005, 12:13 PM

awesome, thanks Aliska
Old 08-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Always fresh ideas!

Hello
My idea. Waiting for your comments.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2005, 12:34 PM

holy crap, amazing Aliska! Let me get back to you.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Ok, here's some changes Aliska

1) Somehow encorporate Gregorio even more. I don't know how this would be done since you already have him up there but I'm thinking if you can make him do something...or have him as a very light background or replace him by the horse but have him in a diferent pose, or make him stand out more? I don't know...the owner likes Gregorio is the feedback I got.

2) Can you put in Something about their new location in "San Ramon" CA

3) Not sure if it's possible (pixelation) but can you make the whole temlplate larger?

thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Always fresh ideas!

Hello,

Thanks for feedback. I have a few questions to clarify things:

1) Not really clear about Gregorio. If they need him in different pose they should provide a picture of him in a different pose as it's impossible to change pose of a character in PhotoShop. Also if they like him so much why they say he could be replaced by the horse?

I will think what I can do to make him stand out more, but if you could find out what kind of particular vision of this character they have that would be great..

2) About making the whole template larger. It's not a problem but it has been designed to be compatible with 800x600 (and up) screen resolution. If this resolution could be ignored and we can start from 1024x768, then I could enlarge the whole template without any pixelation etc. Please let me know.

Thanks and waiting for your reply,
Aliska.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:33 AM

I will have an entry sometime tomorrow evening.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Art Direction/Designer

I'll enter.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:19 AM

>>don't worry about a different pose, that was just an idea and probably is not possible and is over and above expectations here. Also, they didn't say they wanted the horse to replace him...they saw the horse and then said they wanted more Gregorio in there...yea, I know I told them he's already in there but she insists more somehow...she said like a greyscale background....I don't think she really knows what she is talking about.

>>No vision, they just want him in there everywhere. They don't have any specifics. I think if they see him stand out more and maybe see him in other places they would be happy. Honestly I don't get much direction, just that the them is around him. They aren't very helpful on direction. They basically are leaving it up to me to figure out how to encorporate him throughout.

>>Yea, I think 1024x768 would be better. Thanks!

If you want to call me, my # is on my site at www.webfound.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliska
Hello,

Thanks for feedback. I have a few questions to clarify things:

1) Not really clear about Gregorio. If they need him in different pose they should provide a picture of him in a different pose as it's impossible to change pose of a character in PhotoShop. Also if they like him so much why they say he could be replaced by the horse?

I will think what I can do to make him stand out more, but if you could find out what kind of particular vision of this character they have that would be great..

2) About making the whole template larger. It's not a problem but it has been designed to be compatible with 800x600 (and up) screen resolution. If this resolution could be ignored and we can start from 1024x768, then I could enlarge the whole template without any pixelation etc. Please let me know.

Thanks and waiting for your reply,
Aliska.

Last edited by dba123 : 08-18-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:42 AM

Great Luc, I look forward to seeing it!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Always fresh ideas!

Hello,

Here you have enlarged template with all requested revisions done

Waiting for your reply...

Thanks,
Aliska.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2005, 05:09 PM

Sorry Aliska, the bottom guy isn't Gregorio. But you did a great job on making him different above. I'll see what they say. Can you just take out the guy at the bottom and put back the pot. We'll leave it at that until I can get better requirements from them. So far, it looks great.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2005, 05:10 PM

wow, I didn't notice the gun...great one!! that's awesome.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Oh, I guess he had a gun all along...hehehehe
Old 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM

oh, hehehe. He already had a gun
Old 08-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Art Direction/Designer

I'm not really sure what to include in the homepage. Anyway, if you like the design, i'll continue developing it.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2005, 02:23 AM
Always fresh ideas!

Hello!

Here is changes with bottom images.
Thanks for feedback again. Will be waiting further direction.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2005, 02:28 AM
Always fresh ideas!

...and some play with images, but I don't know if those blue guy at the top is Gregorio or not.

Thanks,
Aliska
Old 08-20-2005, 02:53 AM
Always fresh ideas!

...and some play with images, but i don't know if those blue gue at the top-right is Gregorio.

Thanks,
Aliska
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2005, 10:07 PM

Luc, I'm freezing this for now...looks good.

Aliska, looks good so far, no further modifications at this time. I'll give an update in a day or two.