We are a first time user so bear with me.
Direct Color Systems sells specialize digital card printer and consumables. We have been around for 10 years and this is our 4th generation printer.
We are looking at doing new sell sheets for all our products but want ot try one out first. In the process a new corporate logo.
We want it to generic, 2 sided & 8.5X11"
You can use web site: istockphoto.com to get generic pictures.
You can use the site below to get our logo, pictures of our printer, out put, brief info and samples
- you will note we talk about 2 printers 720 & 750 to look at they are identical the only difference is internal features http://plus.xdrive.com/u/384655035/8...OUv9PZw6efphy6
Hi Betty Allen,
I am planning to do this project,
but Still confused what kind of information that we should provide in the sell sheets (do you have copywrite or we just collect from the files in the xdrive forlder?)
Djaka: Very nice and clean but does not jump out at you. We have added a few badge files that we would like to see incorporated with the machines.
Here area few changes:
Millennium 700 Series
1st paragraph last line should read it’s predecessor
1st paragraph the 85.5mm should be 85.7mm
Accepts card .050” should be .060”
Middle paragraph after badges. Now
After Millennium 750 take out still
After 1x3 and take off.. will still take blanks
76mm should be 76.2mm and after 2.5x3.7 63.5mmx 94mm
7th line – CR80 (2.125” x 3.375” / 85.7mm x 54mm)
Options – remove the * from Millennium750
At the bottom before the address we need to add
This data sheet is for informational purpose only. Direct Color Systems™ makes no warranties, expressed or implied, in this summary. Specifications are subject to change
without notice. This is not an offer for sale.
The black outside line is that just to show off the text better or is really a black line??
Thanks for your submission and I lookfoward to seeing the changes.
Thanks for your submission. I like that you seperated the series on one side the 2printers on the opposite side.
See message #9 for verbage corrections.
I have attached another group of pictures that I would like you to try. Picture them with these printers
Printer 720 - food mart & Columbia
Printer 750 - Key tag, boca joes, Columbia, rainbow & Tucans
Some overlap this is because of the capibilites of the printers.
Don't really care for the box around the address part. One last point since we are printing most of hte sell sheets at our location we would prefer something that does not have a full bleed. Keep in mind over thee next few weeks we will added more product sell sheets and will need them all to fit together.
Please keep trying you are off to a good start.
Presenting to you my design studies for DCS's sell sheets (please click on links below). I hope this meets your requirements. Please feel free to communicate your comments and suggestions for improvement.
Thanks for the submissions, We like elements of all the submissions:
The boldness of Vic’s
The contoured title bars on Vic's and Lala's
The highlighted "Highlights" on Lala's (use of boxes)
The use of color and layout of the back page of Winnie’s
The size of the output pictures on Winnie’s
We like the balance of the top and bottom of the back page of Vic’s
On all the submissions:
We would like to see the Millennium 700 series (in logo format preferably) more prominent than the Direct Color Systems Logo as this is one in a series of sell sheets, and we would like the products to have more prominence.
• Need to add 800# (1-800-693-6376) to our address and DCS logo on the back page
Here are some specific comments for the 3 submissions
Comments on the front page:
• Make the red circles around the products around the printer a little thinner
• We like the color choices and grey circles at bottom of page as it gives depth to the piece.
• We like the circles on the products, and the contour of the top color bar (but we need to make it so it is not a full bleed, as we will be printing some of these in hours) Your choice of colors and circles and grey circles at bottom of page as it gives depth to the piece.
• We would like to see the direct Color systems at the top of the page moved to the bottom of the page, or omitted, and the Direct Color Systems Millennium 700 series logo more prominent at the top of the page(where the DCS logo is now) We can the probably remove the "700 printer series” title from the first paragraph.
• Remove “Printer” off of the Millennium 720 and 750 headings
Comments on back page:
• The colors of the lines are a little harsh would like to see it more subdued and the different color columns like Winnie has for the 720 and 750
Comments on the front page:
• Would like to see the color bar at the top of the page thicker and with some type of contour that the horizontal separation lines down the page can mimic
• Would like to see the Highlights section more defined
• Remove printer from Millennium 720 and 750 heading and make the font bolder
• Remove Direct Color Systems from the top of the page and put the DCS logo near the bottom of the page
• Remove the 720 and 750 logo from the front page and make the Millennium Series Logo larger
Comments on back of page:
• Move telephone and address info above the line at bottom and put a thin color bar there.
• Add the Millennium 700 Series to the top of the page
Comments to front of page:
• Make the Millennium 700 Printer series the most prominent part of the page not DCS.
• Change to a different color scheme, while we like the amount of color on the page we don’t care for the choice of orange.
• Top color bar, is this across the page? We need to print these in house so we need to make sure that there is no full bleeds.
• Output from the printer, It is not clear to us that the out put is printer model specific. Can we move the Millennium 720 text to the left of the page and separate the output more?
Comments on the back of the page:
• Again change the color scheme to whatever the front becomes
• Would like to see the two columns separated for the printers like Winnie’s submission
• Add millennium 700 series logo to top of page
• Other wise balance on this page is excellent
Thank you for your suggestions, I hope that the attached study addresses all of your comments. I have taken into account that you are printing these sheets in-house thus I have revising the design to work with non-borderless printing. I hope that the round corners created with this version helps avoid that "shrink-to-fit print" look.
P.S.: Attached is a low res file just to stay within the limits allowed for attachments so some images may appear a bit blurry. Final file will be hi-res and sharper.
Thanks for the submissions we really like things in both of them.
Change font back to original submission
Add the grey drop shadow back in under red heading
Shrink down the printer with badges graphic only & make the DCS Mill. Bigger
Add web site at the very bottom www.directcolorsystems.com
Add grey shadow back in
Change font to 1st submission
Remove the color fade on the boxes
When we have more than 1 item listed we would like no white line separation
Ie- print speed, options
The dcs logo at the bottom doesn’t look balanced, needs to be larger
Address: after CT insert USA and add 800-693-6376
We like the blue gradient but a little over powering can you make smaller and mimic the design like the burgundy. Would like to see the Millennium Logo on top right with just white under it so logo doesn’t get bled out. Try another color don’t really care for the color combination or maybe lighten the burgundy.
Add our web site at the very bottom www.directcolorsystems.com
Color combination on the top to be the same as front page
Right track on the specs.
Address: after CT please add USA
Attached herewith is another study taking into account your suggestions.
I'm not sure I follow your suggestions on going back to the original font because the same font was used on both studies (1st, 2nd and this one). I figured it's the change in format that is quite deceiving (first study was submitted in jpeg and second in pdf) so this time I'm trying the jpeg.
We have chosen your design as our final one.
Have a few more edits then I think we are done.
1st page – 1st paragraph, line #1 The Millennium 700 series of printers utilize - take out “of printers utilize” and replace with utilizes a
1st paragraph -3rd line from the bottom please capitalize M in “millennium” & S in “series”
2nd paragraph – 2nd line capitalize S in “series”
At the end of the first line include 5 after (2.125” x 3.37???”)
4th line ---- Add the magnetic encoder, to encode magnetic both – should read “Add the magnetic encoder, to encode both”…..
Prints on: CR80 card stock only 2.125” x 3.37” should read: Prints on CR80 card stock only 2.125” x 3.375” (54mm x 85.7mm)
Print speed ( should read): approx. 25 seconds per card in full color **
Accepts card .020” - .060” please add (.5mm to 1.5mm)
Line 6 a comma after predecessors,
Should read: Prints on 1”x3” Brackets around (25.4mm x 76.2mm)
Should read: Print speed: approx. 25 seconds per card in full color**
Accepts cards .020” to .060” please add (.5mm to 1.5mm)
Accepted Standard Card Size: Should read: CR80 2.125” x 3.375” (54mm x 85.7mm)
Accepted Blank Thickness: Should read .020” to .060” (.5mm to 1.5mm)
Dimensions: Should read: “ (mm)H x ” (mm)W x “(mm)D
Weight: Should read : lbs. (kg)
Warranty – take out line underneath that separates Printer & Print Head
Options – after extended warranty line add line underneath back in
Options – 3rd line ISO magnetic… remove check mark from both printers
Options – 4th line HICO4000…. Remove check mark from 750 printer
Ribbons, Blanks - Available through direct color systems the “D” , “C” & “S” should be capitalized
Below DCS logo move www.directcolorsystems into the red bar with the address (may want to increase box size.) Please insert “Creating Customer Profitability Through Continual Innovation” If you want to increase the logo size so that our mission statements fits more evenly go for it.
Once changes are complete please send over for final review then I think we will be done. Once completed and when you send over the origianl files what type of format are then in????
Thanks again and Congratulations ----
Thanks. Wonderful! I'll post the design with the revisions latest by tomorrow morning. The final design will be in pdf and will be emailed to you with a link to a site you can download it from. I usually output in cmyk, would you prefer rgb? I've had a few people who preferred their output in RGB.